The teachers and staff at Thornbury are passionate about your child's happiness, safety and education.
Our strongly educated teachers are dedicated to engaging your children in imaginative, explorative learning centers.
Our team continually works to improve themselves by learning new educational advancements and techniques through trainings and furthering their college education.
This is more than a job for our teachers, they have dedicated their lives to improve the education and well-being of each child in their care.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 23 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 26%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- At Thornbury KinderCare, we strive to make your child's first experience with school a safe, positive and rewarding one. We believe that learning starts as early as infancy and our teachers are knowledgeable at both planning instruction and recognizing the opportunity for teachable moments during every interaction. Our school is located in a wonderful neighborhood where many of our families reside. It is our promise to you to treat your child as our own by taking the very best care of them and creating meaningful moments to last a lifetime!
- Your child's safety and well being are our top priorities at KinderCare. We offer the following security measures: a locked key pad entry system in order to gain access to our center that is changed every three months; fenced-in playgrounds for all ages to enjoy; monthly fire drills to ensure that all staff members know what to do in the event of an emergency. We have a Health and Safety Coordinator on staff whose primary responsibility is to ensure that all staff and children are safe and healthy everyday. She performs monthly safety observations to ensure that all potential concerns are caught ahead of time and handled properly. Teachers receive training for health and safety in their classrooms on a monthly basis. All teachers and staff are CPR and First Aid Certified. There are three members who are able to administer medication in the center if needed.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: French, Spanish
- Delward County, Chester County, NACCRRA
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Kindercare Learning Center?
The application deadline for Kindercare Learning Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Kindercare Learning Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.