Kirkwood Children's House
Tel: (314) 966-2030
- Since 1985, families have chosen Kirkwood Children's House has provided a natural education in a community of joy and peace. Our school is the only American Montessori Society accredited school in the state of Missouri.
- We share the fundamental belief that children learn best in a social environment that supports their unique strengths and potential.
- Nestled on 3 wooded acres across from beautiful Kirkwood Park, our school is a unique community where children are free to be themselves.
- At Kirkwood Children's House, your child will explore knowledge in a prepared environment with stimulating materials and guidance from our educated and certified Montessori teachers.
- We inspire and challenge children to reach their own full potential.
- Our prepared environment guides the development of skills in the areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Science, Language, Math and Cultural.
- Kirkwood Children's House is a community designed for children, a nurturing place to make friends and learn cooperation. In this positive, multi-cultural environment, children learn to accept individual differences and develop a sense of interdependence.
- We offer some extracurricular actvities including: children's yoga, Musikgarten, and Spanish Clubhouse.
Kirkwood Children's House places among the top 20% of private schools in Missouri for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Speech and Language, occupational therapy, physical therapy|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Kerry Moran|
- Kirkwood Children's House Montessori School provides an authentic Montessori education for children ages 18 months through Kindergarten. We offer half-day and full-day school programs. Our school offers year-round and school-year Montessori education with Montessori certified teachers. We have the unique distinction of being the only Amerian Montessori Society accredited school in the state of Missouri. All of our Montessori teachers are credintialed by either the American Montessori Society (AMS) or the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI). With a large wooded campus and classrooms filled with windows and natural light, it is an ideal learning environment. We are located directly across from beautiful Kirkwood Park in the heart of the neighborhood. Our students enjoy gardening, exploring and connecting with nature daily. We observe the individual child and prepare materials specifically for the unique needs of each individual. We celebrate being a community-minded school that builds a collabortive partnership between home and school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-4 | 36 students
11155 Clayton Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314) 432-0410 3.5 PK-4
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-K | 35 students
44 N Gore Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314) 961-1411 3.4 PK-K
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-1 | 10 students
7001 Forsyth Boulevard
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314) 863-9493 7.2 PK-1
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-6 | 323 students
5209 Waterman Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63108
(314) 361-6411 9.3 PK-6