Countryside Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (314) 434-2821
- Countryside Montessori School is dedicated to the development of children in their early formative years.
- The approach to the child is based upon the educational philosophy and method established by Dr. Maria Montessori and developed over the years by Montessori teachers in America.
- A basic principle of the Montessori philosophy is awareness and respect for the individuality of the child.
- The prepared environment of the Montessori classroom has a wide range of materials and exercises that were developed specifically for the young child in the areas of practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language, geography, and science.
- The materials and exercises are readily available to the child in the classroom, and direction is provided for each child by means of the individual and group lessons given by the Montessori teacher.
- Lessons in music and art are also included. Each day, weather permitting, the children are outside for a period of free play.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||65 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-4 | 36 students
11155 Clayton Road
Saint Louis, MO 63131
(314) 432-0410 3.1 PK-4
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-K | 71 students
315 Sugar Creek Rd.
Saint Louis, MO 63122
(314) 966-2030 5.7 NS-K
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-K | 35 students
44 N Gore Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63119
(314) 961-1411 7.4 PK-K
- Saint Louis Grades: NS-8 | 158 students
6345 Wydown Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63105
(314) 721-4422 9 NS-8
Our daughter was in the infant room and MDO rooms at Countryside Montessori, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to send her! The staff truly loves and values the children, and the activities they planned greatly challenged her. We watched her grow immensely developmentally, mentally, and emotionally while at Countryside. She would come home singing new songs and practicing new skills she learned at school, and she obviously loved her teachers. Even after she left the infant room, those teachers would still check in on her and showed they cared. The teachers were always willing to spend time chatting with parents at the end of the day, and were incredibly communicative during the day. They even created a portfolio complete with crafts and pictures of our daughter to give us when she left. You know you've found a good place to send your child when you never worry about her while she's there, and Countryside is definitely that place!
- Posted by Parent - Ryan Watkins
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.