Kirk Day School
- Kirk Day School, a private Christian school nestled in the heart of west St. Louis County, is distinguished by the strength of a proven academic program grounded in a Christian worldview.
- Students experience the benefits of small classes, foreign languages, and a wide variety of extracurricular activities in athletics, technology, and the arts.
- The curriculum meets the educational goals of each student, including the academically gifted who are further challenged through individualized instruction and dynamic learning programs.
- A warm and diverse community draws students from over 32 zip codes and 60 churches.
- Through a challenging and proven academic curriculum, students are provided with the educational foundations necessary for them to succeed with excellence at the secondary school level and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,480|
|Tuition Notes||Full day tuition for 2019-2020 is $9480. Half day options for early childhood classes are offered at a reduced rate. Please see Tuition & Assistance page on our website for details at www.kirkdayschool.org/tuition-assistance|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Rush|
|Admissions Associate||Jeannie Venard|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Cooking Club, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) Enrichment
Arts and Music Programs:
KDS Singers Choir, Upper School Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Team, Basketball Team, Golf Team, Soccer Team, Softball Team, Volleyball Team
- Graduates of Kirk Day School excel academically, participate actively, and engage the world with a strong spiritual foundation.
- Over 75% of Kirk Day School`s alumni graduate high school with academic honors.
- Kirk Day School provides timeless foundations to 21st century learners in both faith and academics.
- Students come to know the foundations of the Christian faith through Biblically grounded teaching from a nurturing and loving faculty that walks alongside them as they grow in relationship with our God.
Profile last updated:
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.