5.00 (27 reviews)
Tel: (314) 434-5877
- Educating children in pre-kindergarten (age 4) through sixth grade, Rossman School provides a solid foundation in academics, athletics and the arts while emphasizing strong character development. Nestled on a 20-acre campus in St. Louis, MO, and equipped with state-of-the-art technology, Rossman implements a stimulating, carefully designed curriculum that inspires a love of learning. An 8:1 student-teacher ratio allows Rossman`s experienced faculty to develop personal, nurturing relationships with each child, and a small community of one class per grade provides a close, supportive climate.
- Through careful attention to the whole child, Rossman prepares students for responsible citizenship, meaningful participation, and strong leadership in a global society.
- Explore & Learn: Rossman School - 11/05/2018 - For Rossman School science teacher Julie Laconte, it`s easy to understand that scientific principles are at the heart of every experience we have. She passes that awareness on to all ...moreof her students at the independent, private elementary school in Creve Coeur and promotes thinking of the world as a huge science lab to encourage their curiosity, experimentation and problem-solving skills. hide
- Play & Learn: Rossman School - 11/01/2017 - When some people think about a balanced education, reading, writing and math instantly spring to mind, but it`s easy to forget about physical education. P.E. is fundamental to helping kids ...moredevelop motor skills, stay healthy and build character. Rossman School, an independent preparatory school, understands its importance. hide
- Rossman School: Celebrating 100 Years - 05/04/2017 - So much can happen in a century. But Rossman School in Creve Coeur has stood the test of 100 years, providing extraordinary education to kids age 4 through sixth grade.
- The 50 Best Private Elementary Schools in the U.S. - 07/01/2015 - TheBestSchools.org recently ranked Rossman School among "The 50 Best Private Elementary Schools in the U.S."
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||29 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,400|
|Tuition Notes||includes lunch|
|Admissions Director||Katharine Durham|
|Endowment Size||$11 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Afterschool Enrichment Courses, Chess Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Theater Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Rossman School, a well-defined curriculum and superior instruction allow each child to experience frequent success. Experience tells us that high expectations encourage and motivate students who will live in an increasingly global society. We enthusiastically welcome children from all racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Students are taught respect and compassion for others, appreciation for differences among people, strength of character, positive leadership skills, self-discipline, and individual responsibility. Our mission is a large challenge and a larger opportunity! At Rossman School, the children are the priority. A kind and dedicated faculty, administration, and staff emphasizes personal relationships with each child. The adults are models and spokesmen for moral leadership, and Rossman School generously supports families by holding children accountable for their personal best in both academics and strength of character. The intent of the Rossman program is to teach a strong work ethic within a nurturing environment and make success a habit.
- People that viewed Rossman School also viewed these schools: Rohan Woods School, Andrews Academy, MICDS (Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School), Chesterfield Day School and Andrews Academy Lake Saint Louis.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-12 | 1245 students
101 N Warson Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
(314) 995-7367 3.7 PK-12
- Saint Charles Grades: K-6 | 134 students
1701 Feise Road
Saint Charles, MO 63301
(636) 561-7709 1.9 K-6
I am a proud parent of 1 Rossman alumni currently have a student there. Both of my children have loved the Rossman experience and received an excellent education while also making great friends and building values that will last a lifetime. I highly recommend Rossman!
- Posted by Parent - Rossman Parent
We have two children study at Rossman. Rossman is one of the top private elementary schools in St. Louis and Missouri. Our kids love the school and we love the diversity and the parent community. It's a small school with a lot of individual attention and parent and teacher interactions. We are very happy with our choice.
- Posted by Parent - Venkata Bodavula
Challenging curriculum taught in a nurturing and fun environment. Wonderful community of respectful children and caring parents.
- Posted by Parent - Angela
Rossman is a great school. My daughter has graduated, and she has the best memories with her teachers and friends. My son is still studying, and he is always happy to go to school! Speaks a lot! The teachers are very dedicated, facilities are excellent and parents are devoted and inclusive. I gladdened have asked for a better school for my children! Thank you so much!
- Posted by Parent - Lakshmi
Rossman is the best primary school in St Louis and offers the best environment for kids from JK to six grade to grow. Over 13 years, my two kids had grown up and were well prepared to face any challenges in any secondary schools. Go Rossman!!!
- Posted by Parent - Mike D.
Rossman has been a perfect fit for my son over the last six years. He has been challenged and has flourished academically; he has matured in a positive, supportive environment, and he has made many enduring friendships. Rossman's core values of kindness, honesty, respect, responsibility are more than platitudes - they are genuinely evident throughout the school community. The teachers are incredibly supportive and enthusiastic - every day, which makes for a great learning environment. My son loves going to school every day; his parents couldn't be more pleased with their choice of Rossman.
- Posted by Parent - Jim
We love this school! We've had a child enrolled for the past 8 years and have 7 more years to go with our youngest. Rossman not only provides excellent academics, but personal/character development is also a key component of education. Rossman provides a nurturing atmosphere and is staffed by teachers and administrators who really care. I feel our children will be well prepared for secondary school and have received a solid foundation to allow for success in the future. I highly recommend Rossman.
- Posted by Parent - Olivia
Rossman has played a crucial role in our sons' development.
- Posted by Parent - Jeff
Rossman is the best.! We spent 10 years at this school and feel so fortunate to have had this opportunity. Our children were very well prepared for secondary school. We can't say enough good things about this place. The environmental is nurturing and the faculty truly instill curiosity and the love of learning in each student.
- Posted by Parent - Melanie
Rossman school provided/ provides a solid education for my boys with age appropriate academic challenges. There are opportunities for public speaking and flexibility / support to pursue and share personal student interests. Also very welcoming to diversity and faculty are very approachable.
- Posted by Parent - PP
We love Rossman School for the academics and character building and the family atmosphere. Families at Rossman travel together, spend holidays together, and really become an extended family for students, parents, and grandparents. The school has high academic standards, but the teachers make it seem effortless. The children are challenged in an intuitive way, so they are pushing their boundaries without crying into their textbooks at the amount of homework. More than anything, though, Rossman builds children of character. These kids encourage each other and become young adults who are comfortable and confident in their own skin.
- Posted by Parent - Tommy T
We loved Rossman and had to leave because we left Saint Louis. It provides an excellent education and nurturing environment. The students and parents are engaged in the school. The faculty and staff are excellent and caring about all children and families. Rossman provides a great education for every child.
- Posted by Parent - Nelson
My daughter is going into the second grade. I have found Rossman to be well beyond expectations. Her reading, writing, and math skills are well beyond her grade year all while allowing her to be a "kid". She loves going to school everyday. Rossman has shown me their unique ability to get the most out of my daughter as a person and student without her feeling the pressures a more difficult curriculum . I give Rossman my highest recommendation.
- Posted by Parent - Matt
Our three children transitioned to Rossman School in the middle of this school year (JK, 3rd and 5th grade). We have been amazed by the school every step of the way: the assessment of our children, the way of communicating, the educational approach, the academics, the Rossman values, the support of the teachers and the kindness of the Rossman community are all exceeding expectations. The school not only offers challenging academics, but finds a great balance between learning, fun, sports and character building. After only a few weeks my children not only go to school smiling, but they actually feel part of the Rossman community. A big thank you to the amazing teachers, helpful staff, kind pupils and engaging parents who all reached out and welcomed our family with open arms. Rossman School is one of a kind.
- Posted by Parent - Lore
After looking at other schools both in the public and private sectors, it was obvious that Rossman was the right school for us. From the warm cozy feeling, the above average standardized test scores, excellent curriculum and the Rossman values that are displayed throughout, made this school stand out above the rest. My child has attended this school for five years now and still impressed how exceptional Rossman is. I feel truly blessed to be a part of this community.
- Posted by Parent - Jennie
Rossman School provides a fantastic combination of challenging academics in a nurturing, family-like environment. The daily P.E. sessions, coupled with music, art, Spanish, weekly assemblies, cultural performances, field trips, community service, and public speaking opportunities make Rossman truly special. My girls are excited to attend Rossman each year and I couldn't ask for anything better!
- Posted by Parent - mglas
After looking at a number of private and public schools, we knew Rossman was the best choice for our son entering kindergarten. After the first quarter, our decision was only cemented even further. The structured learning environment is challenging and nurturing. The families have been so warm and welcoming. Our son's academic progress has exceeded our expectations thus far.
- Posted by Parent - Aliso
Rossman School is preparing my children acdemcially for the future as well as emphasizing the importance of being kind, responsible people. Their JK program is fantastic, with caring teachers who teach phonics and beginning math skills as well as leading the children in their study of Master artists such as Van Gogh and Matisse. Excellence continues in SK up through sixth grade, including specialty areas such as science and social studies. My children absolutely love going to school and I feel confident in our decision to send them to Rossman; it is more than an elementary school, it is a community.
- Posted by Parent - megan
We are so lucky to have to have our daughter attend Rossman School. The school offers not only an excellent education but a warm family-like environment.
- Posted by Parent - goodg
Rossman School has been a wonderful choice for our daughter. Both the lower school years and now the upper school years have been both academically challenging and emotionally and socially nurturing. The level of attention to developing the "whole student" is second to none in St. Louis!
- Posted by Parent - quiti
Rossman is a wonderful elementary school that provides a nurturing learning environment where children thrive and become exceptionally prepared for the most challenging secondary schools. Teachers and adminstrators are warm and create a strong network of support where children can truly be themselves and achieve their own personal best.
- Posted by Parent - amy.w
Rossman School has provided excellent leadership skills as well as academics. Our daughter loves Rossman School. Having all the extra curricular activities are truly beneficial for my family. Its like a "One Stop Shop". Rossman School "ROCKS!"
- Posted by Parent - latri
Rossman school is a special place that challenges the children to push themselves academically but also provides an environment where they really want to learn and enjoy learning. There is a nice balance of nurturing in the younger years and challenges provided by teachers in the older years. The teachers get to know your children as individuals and push them to levels they can and should achieve.
- Posted by Parent - mlbma
Rossman has been an effective, high-level educational environment for our three boys. A warm, friendly haven, staffed with highly skilled and caring educators, Rossman allowed our boys to fully realize any academic potential they possessed. They are more prepared than their peers to meet the challenges of their very demanding college-prep secondary school.
- Posted by Parent - jeffe
A truly wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - jenni
I love that Rossman School develops both strong academic learners as well as individuals with sound character. Kindness, honesty, respect and responsibility ("the Rossman rules") are as important academics. I have heard from older students at secondary schools who did not attend Rossman comment on how impressed they are by the character of students who graduated from Rossman. I think that speaks volumes. We are extremely happy there.
- Posted by Parent - laura
Sending our children to Rossman School has been a wonderful decision and, in one way or another, my wife and I are reminded daily that we made the right choice. From the academics to the character development every aspect is top notch. The children are challenged but supported and are well prepared to succeed in secondary school and beyond. We absolutely love being a part of the Rossman community.
- Posted by Parent - booth
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.