5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (908) 668-9002
Koinonia Academy, is a private grammar school and high school dedicated to providing students, grades K-12, with a quality Catholic Education.
Koinonia is located on its own beautiful eleven-acre campus in historic Plainfield, New Jersey.
Koinonia Academy was founded in 1984 by The People of Hope, a charismatic, covenant community, in order to provide children with an orthodox religious education and strong academic foundation.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||253 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average SAT score||1192|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Comparable with similar schools. Schedule an appointment to discuss tuition.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||7th and 8th Grade Enrichment, Choir, Drama, Youth Group|
- The Koinonia Academy staff and faculty are committed to helping parents raise Christian students with strong moral character derived from their faith in God and their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to do this, Koinonia Academy provides: * Daily Prayer with Students * Christian Character Formation * Dedicated Catholic Teachers * First Friday Mass * Emphasis on Roman Catholic Church Teaching Koinonia provides students with a well rounded Catholic education, offering extra-curricular activities such as choir and drama, as well as a Christian Youth Group. Mission trips and service opportunities are also common over the course of the school year. Small class sizes ensure that students get personal attention from teachers. If you are interested in learning more about Koinonia Academy, contact us today for further information or to set up an appointment
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Elizabeth Grades: 9-12 | 184 students
237 S Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
(908) 352-4350 11.4 9-12
- Plainfield Grades: PK-K | 170 students
300 Clinton Ave
Plainfield, NJ 07063
(908) 754-2060 1.9 PK-K
- Clark Grades: PK-8 | 436 students
Clark, NJ 07066
(732) 388-1360 6.5 PK-8
All seven of my children have graduated from Koinonia. The teachers go above and beyond for every student, offering both challenging academics and lovingly accommodating special needs. A few of my grown children have returned there to be teachers after college because they wanted to 'give back'. KA provides an environment that fosters strong faith and character, and has been a tremendous support to us in raising our children in the Catholic faith. Amazing Classical curriculum! ...and a great sports program too!
- Posted by Parent - Alumni Family
I love KA, the people there are fun and amazing. My teachers are the best they really care about us, students. I love charismatic it's one of my favorite parts. Being able to play basketball with my friends and making it to the finals was really huge and our school celebrated our team even though we got second. KA is truly the best school you can send your kids. :)
- Posted by Student/Alumni - anonymous
I attended Koinonia for 13 years and now my daughters attend there. We have nothing but good things to say about KA. We are so blessed to have our children in an environment which has a healthy balance of academics and character and faith development. All of the teachers are wonderful as well.
- Posted by Parent - Peter
KOINONIA has been a wonderful blessing. We love the school and especially the sports program with 2 championships! I especially love that every kid gets to play from gr 3 to HS. KA is a truly special school
- Posted by Parent - Lilla
We love Koinonia. I have two children currently enrolled in kindergarten and 3rd grade. The class sizes are small and the teachers truly care about the students. The Catholic part of their education is real and not watered down. This school also does not use common core. We have no complaints about KA! Highly highly recommended for anyone looking for an affordable authentic Catholic education.
- Posted by Parent - taryn
This school is an amazing place where I''ve seen my children be challenged and encouraged to be the best person in their character and student academically that they can be!
- Posted by Parent - Gardy
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.