- Koinonia Academy, is a private grammar school and high school dedicated to providing students, grades K-12, with a quality Catholic Education.
- Koinonia is located on its own beautiful eleven-acre campus in historic Plainfield, New Jersey.
- Koinonia Academy was founded in 1984 by The People of Hope, a charismatic, covenant community, in order to provide children with an orthodox religious education and strong academic foundation.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||187 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average SAT score||1192|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Comparable with similar schools. Schedule an appointment to discuss tuition.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||7th and 8th Grade Enrichment, Choir, Drama, Youth Group|
- The Koinonia Academy staff and faculty are committed to helping parents raise Christian students with strong moral character derived from their faith in God and their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In order to do this, Koinonia Academy provides: * Daily Prayer with Students * Christian Character Formation * Dedicated Catholic Teachers * First Friday Mass * Emphasis on Roman Catholic Church Teaching Koinonia provides students with a well rounded Catholic education, offering extra-curricular activities such as choir and drama, as well as a Christian Youth Group. Mission trips and service opportunities are also common over the course of the school year. Small class sizes ensure that students get personal attention from teachers. If you are interested in learning more about Koinonia Academy, contact us today for further information or to set up an appointment
- People that viewed Koinonia Academy also viewed these schools: St Mary Of The Assumption High School, Mother Seton Regional High School, Al & Jean's Tiny Tot Academy, Rutgers Preparatory School and Oak Knoll School Of The Holy Child (All Girls 7-12).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ElizabethGrades: 9-12 | 208 students
237 S Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07202
- ClarkGrades: 9-12 | 400 students
One Valley Road
Clark, NJ 07066
- PlainfieldGrades: NS-PK | 31 students
110 watchung avenue
Plainfield, NJ 07060
- SomersetGrades: PK-12 | 691 students
1345 Easton Ave
Somerset, NJ 08873
- SummitGrades: 7-12 | 308 students
44 Blackburn Road
Summit, NJ 07901
I attended Koinonia for 13 years and now my daughters attend there. We have nothing but good things to say about KA. We are so blessed to have our children in an environment which has a healthy balance of academics and character and faith development. All of the teachers are wonderful as well.
- Posted by Parent - Peter
KOINONIA has been a wonderful blessing. We love the school and especially the sports program with 2 championships! I especially love that every kid gets to play from gr 3 to HS. KA is a truly special school
- Posted by Parent - Lilla
The sports program has really been growing! We went to the State Championships for the first time this year. We have been going to Championships for 3 years in Middle School. Sports begin in 3rd grade, and the coaches are wonderful and caring. What I like most is that the coaches encourage all of the kids. There are no real "tryouts." Most of the kids get many chances to play, and still we have a winning record. My son has been playing for 3 years, and loves it. Great program!
- Posted by Parent - lilla
This school is an amazing place where I''ve seen my children be challenged and encouraged to be the best person in their character and student academically that they can be!
- Posted by Parent - Gardy
We love Koinonia. I have two children currently enrolled in kindergarten and 3rd grade. The class sizes are small and the teachers truly care about the students. The Catholic part of their education is real and not watered down. This school also does not use common core. We have no complaints about KA! Highly highly recommended for anyone looking for an affordable authentic Catholic education.
- Posted by Parent - taryn