Krieger Schechter Day School
Tel: (410) 486-8640
- The mission of the Krieger Schechter Day School is to provide excellent academic programs in Jewish and General Studies for students in kindergarten through grade eight.
- The School provides a caring, supportive environment in which each student can grow academically, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- This milieu is one in which students are encouraged to take educational risks.
- The School's task is to help students become responsible citizens, and ethical, knowledgeable, committed Jews.
- Through the bilingual curriculum and school environment, the students are presented with a philosophy of life based upon the values and concerns embodied in Conservative Judaism, incorporating social action and social responsibility.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Solomon Schechter Day Schools (SSDS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||294 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Relaxed dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Ilene Wise|
|Admissions Associate||Meg Gillespie|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pikesville Grades: PK-12 | 1120 students
3300 Old Court Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
(410) 486-1905 0.6 PK-12
- Baltimore Grades: PK-12 | 1033 students
5407 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 323-3800 4.7 PK-12
- Owings Mills Grades: PK-8 | 638 students
35 Rosewood Ln
Owings Mills, MD 21117
(410) 654-3500 3.7 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.