5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (603) 835-9087
- Kroka is a wilderness expedition school for young people based on a year-round, organic farm in Marlow, NH. We believe that the consciousness and altruistic will can be brought forward through a living relationship with the natural world and by taking our places within the circle of community.We are committed to making our programs accessible for any student, regardless of ability to pay. Summer expeditions for ages 9-18 offer skills in rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, crafting, white water & open water paddling, and rites of passage.
- Join us for one, two, or three week programs!.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association for Experiential Education (AEE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||14 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Climbing, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Sailing, SwimmingClimbing, Mountain Biking,|
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
- An Authentic Wilderness Experience
- At Kroka, students take responsibility for the work of daily living. They gather firewood, draw water from the stream, and cook on an open fire. Students learn to tell time by the sun and sleep under the stars at night. Traveling at the pace of the natural world connects students to the earth and gives them greater awareness of their peers and themselves.
- Rite of Passage and Empowerment through Adventure
- Students experience quiet contemplation, nature observation, and the exhilaration at the top of a rock face and through the rushing rapids of a river. They learn to take risks, share what is in their hearts in an evening circle around the fire, and deepen relationships within their group. Students return home from their Kroka experience with newfound confidence and maturity.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alstead Grades: NS | 53 students
114 Old Settlers Rd
Alstead, NH 03602
(603) 835-2495 1.8 NS
- Westminster Grades: K-8 | 97 students
708 Kurn Hattin Rd
Westminster, VT 05158
(802) 721-6932 11.1 K-8
- Westmoreland Grades: 1-8 | 9 students
13 Mount Gilboa Rd
Westmoreland, NH 03467
(603) 399-4803 11.5 1-8
- Putney Grades: 6-12
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
(802) 387-4545 11.6 6-12
Absolutely the best experience in my life. I did the 2011 Vermont-New Hampshire Semester Program. The experience was everything you could expect and more. I wrote my college essay about my experience (I''m going to Colorado College). The Semester will challenge you in new and exciting ways and you will never be the same after it. The community we built was, and is, the strongest community I have ever experienced, and I except the strongest I ever will.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jdahl
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.