- Kroka is a wilderness expedition school for young people based on a year-round, organic farm in Marlow, NH. We believe that the consciousness and altruistic will can be brought forward through a living relationship with the natural world and by taking our places within the circle of community.We are committed to making our programs accessible for any student, regardless of ability to pay. Summer expeditions for ages 9-18 offer skills in rock climbing, caving, mountain biking, crafting, white water & open water paddling, and rites of passage.
- Join us for one, two, or three week programs!.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association for Experiential Education (AEE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Climbing, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Sailing, SwimmingClimbing, Mountain Biking,|
Mountaineering, Rock Climbing,
- An Authentic Wilderness Experience
- At Kroka, students take responsibility for the work of daily living. They gather firewood, draw water from the stream, and cook on an open fire. Students learn to tell time by the sun and sleep under the stars at night. Traveling at the pace of the natural world connects students to the earth and gives them greater awareness of their peers and themselves.
- Rite of Passage and Empowerment through Adventure
- Students experience quiet contemplation, nature observation, and the exhilaration at the top of a rock face and through the rushing rapids of a river. They learn to take risks, share what is in their hearts in an evening circle around the fire, and deepen relationships within their group. Students return home from their Kroka experience with newfound confidence and maturity.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Alstead Grades: PK-K | 53 students
114 Old Settlers Rd
Alstead, NH 03602
(603)835-2495 1.8 PK-K
- Westminster Grades: K-8 | 97 students
Po Box 127
Westminster, VT 05158
(802)721-6932 11.1 K-8
- Westmoreland Grades: 1-8 | 9 students
13 Mount Gilboa Rd
Westmoreland, NH 03467
(603)399-4803 11.5 1-8
- Putney Grades: 6-12
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
(802)387-4545 11.6 6-12
Absolutely the best experience in my life. I did the 2011 Vermont-New Hampshire Semester Program. The experience was everything you could expect and more. I wrote my college essay about my experience (I''m going to Colorado College). The Semester will challenge you in new and exciting ways and you will never be the same after it. The community we built was, and is, the strongest community I have ever experienced, and I except the strongest I ever will.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jdahl
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.