La Salle Academy
Here at St. Marys Visitation School, formation and education are equally important.
Students are taught to know the love of God in their own lives, respect and love one another, and to serve God in our community.
The teaching staff at St. Marys Visitation School is fully degreed, certified and experienced.
Our school strives for academic excellence in reading, writing, mathematics and science.
The school staff is committed to inspiring each student to reach their full potential both academically and spiritually.
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 214 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Meeting Site for Boy Scouts:(Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Brownies), Youth Group
- St. Marys Visitation School offers a low teacher to student ratio. We take pride in our ability to know all of our parents and students. Our staff is committed to working with our parents in providing a quality Catholic education to all students. Working together allows our student to prosper.
- St. Marys Visitation School is affordable. St. Marys tuition is one of the lowest of all elementary schools in the Diocese of Scranton. Financial Aid is provided to many of our students and St. Marys is proud to provide the most number of scholarships of all elementary school in the Diocese. Fund raising options are also available to help defray the tuition fee.
- One of the many features of St. Marys Visitation School is our after school program which runs from 2:15 until 5:30 pm. This program provides a warm and safe environment for students in pre-school through grade 5 on a full-time or part-time basis.
Endorse La Salle Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.