Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (717) 740-2424
Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus Photo #2 - Lancaster Mennonite graduates are well-prepared for college or careers through a comprehensive, holistic curriculum that includes on-campus opportunities for agriculture courses and technical skills (such as welding) in addition to numerous Advanced Placement courses for college preparation.
Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus Photo #3 - Lancaster Mennonite School is noted for an excellent science program in state-of-the-art facilities.
Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus Photo #4 - The Calvin and Janet High Fine Arts Center contains the 1,000-seat Weaver Auditorium, music practice rooms and art rooms that support an outstanding fine arts program. An advanced music program for gifted students is offered in conjunction with Millersville University.
Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus Photo #5 - The Campus Chorale represents the school's longstanding tradition of excellence in vocal music. The select choir recently completed a tour of South Africa.
Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus Photo #6 - Drama is truly dramatic at Lancaster Mennonite School! Along with acting ability, the yearly spring musical brings together the best talent in vocal music, instrumental music, and technology. Behind the scenes, the student sound crew, lighting crew and stage crew help make magic with what happens on stage and in the pit.
Lancaster Mennonite School - Lancaster Campus Photo #7 - Lancaster Mennonite School is well-known for soccer, and the boys team has been a perennial contender for top honors at the league, district and state levels. Numerous other sports are offered in highly-competitive Lancaster-Lebanon League, including a football partnership with Lancaster Catholic High School's outstanding program.
- The 95-acre Lancaster Campus contains Lancaster Mennonite Middle School and Lancaster Mennonite High School.
- Lancaster Mennonite High School is part of Lancaster Mennonite School, five campuses that together offer a comprehensive PreK-12 education in a nurturing and diverse environment that prepares students to be lifelong learners.
- Centered in Christ and committed to educational excellence in a community setting, the school exists to transform students so they can change our world through Christlike love, peacemaking, and service.
- The school has a strong college preparation program for international students with English Language Learning and various residential options (residence hall, dormitory, home stay, host family, etc.).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art, Advanced Biology, Advanced Environmental Science, Advanced Math, Advanced Music, Advanced Reading, Advanced Writing, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Composition, AP Government & Politics, AP Introduction to Literature, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Honors Chemistry, Honors Contemporary Business (dual credit), Honors Physics, Honors Sociology, Honors Spiritual Formation (dual credit)|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,164|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple-child discounts and need-based financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christy Horst|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||26 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chapel Planning Committee, Chess Team|
Club or Organization:
Art, FFA, Future Business Leaders of America, International Student Association, National Honor Society, Peer Assistance Leadership, Quiz Bowl Team, Student Council, Student Literary Magazine, Student Newspaper, Study Support Groups, Tech Crew, Technology Student Association, Web Site Team, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Campus Chorale, Chorus, Drama, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Pep Band, School Musical, String Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs in Season
- A comprehensive high school program blending academic rigor, spiritual nurture and vocational training
- Committed to traditional Anabaptist values of peace and service in a Christ-centered community
- Welcoming, warm, diverse student body
- Qualified, caring teachers and staff
- Excellent opportunities in art, music, drama, and athletics
- Affordable tuition
- 5-day and 7-day boarding options available in the school's residence hall/dormitory
- A strong college-preparation program for international students
- Easy access by public or private transportation
- Founded in 1942
- Committed to a global perspective
- See international website (www.lancastermennonite.org/international).
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lancaster Grades: PK-8 | 218 students
2257 Old Philadelphia Pike
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 394-7107 1 PK-8
- Darby Grades: 5-12 | 20 students
523 Clifton Ave
Darby, PA 19023
(610) 461-1522 50.8 5-12
- Mount Joy Grades: 3-12 | 70 students
205 Lefever Road
Mount Joy, PA 17552
(717) 653-0025 15 3-12
It is a great school with plenty of good education and great teachers! I enjoy Lancaster Mennonite very much and I hope every student that goes there will too!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Megan
My children received an excellent education in a caring Christian environment. Both my daughters met their eventual spouses at Lancaster Mennonite, good guys who shared their values. Both girls still have close contacts with their high school friends, showing that, at LMS, friendships are lasting because they are based on common values. This is a progressive Mennonite school -- NOT your "horse and buggy" Mennonites -- so it has a global perspective and values and respects people from all backgrounds who want a great education in a great environment.
- Posted by Parent - hille
great school with a lot of very good people in it. good environment to be a part of. Although there are misconceptions about mennonite schools, this school does not have amish teachers, students are not required to wear coverings or skirts, and there are plenty of women in leadership roles.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - zyode
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.