- Lawrence Academy offers students a unique learning community – one committed to providing an outstanding learning environment and shaping a bright future for every student.
- Students are challenged in an academic atmosphere that stimulates their creativity and capabilities.
- We are a school where teachers respect and value student ideas, welcome the challenge of a difficult question, and incorporate both traditional and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Lawrence Academy is a place where children smile and laugh.
- It is a family place where brothers, sisters, and friends ride the bus together and greet each other in the halls during the school day.
- Parents are active on campus and play an integral part in supporting the school’s mission.
- We value each student’s individuality at Lawrence Academy and invest in his or her academic and social development.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||215 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Language, AP Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Treasa White|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club (Grades 6-12), FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) (Grades 6-12), Honor Council (Grades 9-12), Junior Beta Club (Grades 6-9), Math Counts (Grades 6-8), Monogram Club (Grades 9-12), MS Book Club (Grades 6-8), Newspaper (Grades 9-12), Odyssey of the Mind (Grades 3-12), SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) (Grades 6-12), Senior Beta Club (Grades 10-12), SGA (Student Government Association) (Grades 6-12), Spanish Club (Gradess 6-12), Spirit Club (Grades 6-12), TATU (Teenagers Against Tobacco Use) (Grades 6-12)|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greensboro Grades: 9-12 | 152 students
4334 Hobbs Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
(336)217-7100 173.6 9-12
- Asheville Grades: 9-12 | 295 students
360 Asheville School Road
Asheville, NC 28806
(828)254-6345 330.3 9-12
- Durham Grades: PK-12 | 1229 students
3501 Ridge Road
Durham, NC 27705
(919)493-5787 123.8 PK-12
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.