Lial Catholic School
Tel: (419) 877-5167
Lial Catholic School Photo #2 - Nestled on 94 acres in the Oak Openings region Lial's park-like setting allows for the incorporation of nature into the curriculum. In addition, students have access to nature trails during recess.
Lial Catholic School Photo #3 - Lial has the only Catholic Montessori PreK-K program in NW Ohio and the only Catholic Continuous Progress school in the state. Being attentive to the whole child--physical, cognitive, spiritual, in all we do helps provide a safe and caring environment.
- Nestled in the Oak Openings region, Lial Catholic School has been educating children for over 45 years.
- Our multi-age, continuous progress education philosophy provides a unique learning environment for students Pre-K through 8th.
- There is no other school, quite like Lial. We unite with our parents in helping each child to grow academically, spiritually, socially, and physically thereby developing their unique gifts that they can then use to serve others.
- Gospel values permeate everything we do at Lial. We are thrilled that we are now educating the second generation of Lial families.
- We invite you to learn more about Lial Catholic School by visiting our website www.lialschool.org or by calling 419 877 5167 to arrange for a tour.
Lial Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Ohio for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1993, 1998|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(We have a dresscode-not a uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||May. 1 / Aug. 30|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,050|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Lynn Cherry|
|Admissions Associate||Jackie Flom|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Football,
- The child is at the center of all that we do at Lial. Our goal is to help children become their best selves, know and love God, and be willing to use their talents to make our world a better place.
- In our continuous progress environment, teachers are responsive to individual differences in development, ability, and interest. Such differences are expected, accepted, respected, and used to design the curriculum. Teachers plan and prepare the environment so children can learn through active involvement using materials with both adults and other children. The multi-age classroom environment develops students who have significantly enhanced attitudes toward school, toward themselves as learners, and toward positive relationships.
- Life at Lial extends beyond the classroom. We want our students to develop spiritually, physically, and socially as well. The weekly celebration of the Mass, daily religion classes and Gospel prep affirm Lial's Catholic identity. Our Savio and CIA clubs organize service and leadership opportunities where students can see that they can make an impact in their community. Lial participates in several CYO sports throughout the year. Lial also offers special interest clubs such as Chess, Robotics, Quiz Bowl, Scouts, and Girls on the Run.
- There is a strong partnership among school, teacher, and parent for the benefit of the child. Lial parents can be found volunteering in the classroom, organizing activities for the children and families, and contributing professional skills. The result of this partnership is a Lial graduate that is a confident, Christ-centered individual who knows he or she possesses the ability to make a difference and achieve their goals.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Holland Grades: 1-4 | 8 students
1640 Timber Wolf Dr
Holland, OH 43528
(419) 861-1060 6.1 1-4
- Napoleon Grades: PK-8 | 77 students
16035 County Road U
Napoleon, OH 43545
(419) 598-8702 20.6 PK-8
- Napoleon Grades: PK-8 | 210 students
1075 Glenwood Ave
Napoleon, OH 43545
(419) 592-5536 20.7 PK-8
- Swanton Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
2639 Us Highway 20
Swanton, OH 43558
(419) 644-3971 11.2 PK-8
- Swanton Grades: PK-8 | 100 students
333 Brookside Dr
Swanton, OH 43558
(419) 826-5041 6.6 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?