Liberty Christian School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (407) 323-1583
- Liberty Christian School offers a Christ-centered education in a safe, family environment.
- That's our commitments to families. The educational experience here will be (1) Christ-centered, (2) will feel safe, and (3) will feel like family.
- That's what makes us different from the other schools in our area.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(School Branded Polos & Khaki Pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly Tuition - $500 (Monthly for 10 months) Registration - $300 (Annually) Matriculation - $300 (Annually)Sports Fees, Before & After Care, and other fees may apply.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Wendy Goolsby|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Football, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama & Art
- K4-12th Grade (On one campus)
- Scholarships Available
- Championship Sports Program
- Established in 1973
- The mission of Liberty Christian School is to educate and train the whole student physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually. Since the Lord requires a fit vessel, guidelines for personal habits, definite dress code, and proper activities are provided. The student is also given the opportunity to learn self-discipline and the principle that, if one cannot control his or her own actions and emotions, invariably someone else will control them for him or her. The Bible is taught so the student will develop sound values that will govern every part of his or her life. Liberty Christian School seeks to send out into the world young people who will truly be Champions for Christ.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-12 | 248 students
601 Palm Springs Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407) 831-0950 9.9 PK-12
- Sanford Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
810 S Oak Avenue
Sanford, FL 32771
(407) 322-7090 1.7 PK-8
- Deland Grades: PK-8 | 152 students
1025 W Minnesota Ave
Deland, FL 32720
(386) 734-7791 17.9 PK-8
Liberty Christian School has changed my life, from learning in the classrooms, to on the field ,and beyond, Liberty is everything you make it. Liberty gives you opportunities that will be hard to find anywhere else, from speaking in chapel, being on student council, to even developing a friendship with your teachers. The teachers are amazing, if you don't understand something, they will take the time out of their lunch or break, just to help you. Liberty's sport program, is awesome, it's so much more then sports. They will teach you leadership, hard-work and more! I encourage you, to set an appointment with the school office and check them out! You won't regret it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Cory Shepherd
I graduated from Liberty in the 90s. And honestly, the school prepared me well for the college experience. I went on to earn a bachelors degree and even a masters degree from a university in central Virginia. At Liberty, you'll definitely find a good blend of academics, athletics, and social experiences. And, because of the school's size, it's like being part of a big family. I'd wholeheartedly recommend Liberty.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jonathan
Words just cannot totally express how I feel about Liberty Christian School. Traditional family values with good discipline and a wonderful curriculum. Caring, thoughtful, loving teachers and administration. A laid back, family atmosphere where Jesus, God, courtesy, honor, respect and integrity mean something.I can hardly believe my children are writing fluently in cursive in 1st and 2nd grade! So touching to see that as part of their classes...and phonics too. Brings tears of joy to my eyes!Finding this school was like finding a hidden treasure. We have toured, tested for and visited so many other schools in search of the "right fit". We have attended different schools along the way, also. FINALLY, the search is over. Knowing my children can attend through 12th grade is also very comforting.My children even just had the privilege of riding on their school float in the local Christmas parade last weekend. And our float was voted #1! Melts my heart.Oh...and their art, music and sports programs are fantastic too...among the many other subjects and offerings. Every opportunity is presented to create successful, well rounded students.If this stirs something in you...please...for your children's sake...call the school and check it out. This school could very well be the answer to your fervent prayers too. It is a breath of fresh air and very heavy weights lifted for my family. :)
- Posted by Parent - Alisa K.
Great staff and student body. As someone who has lived in Sanford for 25+ years I have seen a lot from our formerly small town. I am not going to bash other schools from the area, but I am consistently impressed with the graduating class of LCS. Marines, Navy Seals, Lockheed Martin, educators, pastors, and other great professions come out from this school year after year. I read a few of the previous reviews and while I don't know the details of every situation, I can say the school is on the uptrend with enrollment and to my knowledge, has never fired any staff. Also, there is a good mix of all genders and races. So, back to my original comment - great staff and great student body. If I had school aged children they would be attending LCS.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - super
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?