Holy Cross Lutheran Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (407) 936-3636
Holy Cross Lutheran Academy Photo #4 - Service Learning engages our students in the community around them. Sharing the Love of Jesus everywhere.
Holy Cross Lutheran Academy Photo #7 - At HCLA we offer sports for Preschool through High School. Our middle schoolers participate in an interscholastic league in Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball, Flag Football and Golf. We also have a community sports league - Seminole Leagues - which is open to children PK4 through 5th Grade.
- Holy Cross Lutheran Academy is a Christian private school located on three separate campuses; one in Lake Mary on our Church property offering Preschool. Our Sanford Campus (5450 Holy Cross Ct.) offers Early Childhood starting with 1 year olds and also houses our elementary school through 4th grade. Our Upper School is at 100 Aero Lane in Sanford which includes 5th through High School. We consider ourselves to be in partnership with parents to provide a well-rounded education that encourages our students to live as responsible Christian citizens, courageously share the love of Jesus in a changing world. If you would like to learn more, please visit us at www.thehcla.org/tour. We look forward to meeting you soon!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Association of Independent Schools of Florida
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||474 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology (11th), AP Calculus AB (11th), AP Calculus BC (11th), AP Capstone Research 1 (12th), AP Capstone Seminar 1 (11th), AP Chemistry (11th), AP Environmental (12th), AP Euro, AP Government & Politics (12th), AP Language (11th), AP Literature (12th), AP Macroeconomics(12th), AP Physics (11th), AP Spanish Lang (12th), AP Spanish Lit (11th), AP Statistics (12th), AP U.S. History (11th), AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki bottoms, school-logo polo shirts and PE uniforms)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies based upon program in which child is enrolled. K-4 tuition is $7350, 5th - 8th $7,650 and High School is $8,250.|
|Admissions Director||Sue Stark|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- PK - High School Christ-Centered Community
- Unique 4-year High School Capstone Program
- Holy Cross Academy Students routinely score in the top 15% on National Achievement Test.
- Dedicated Christian teachers who serve as daily role models.
- Daily bible instruction and opportunities for worship.
- Integration of Christian faith into all subjects each day.
- Opportunities for Christian Service.
- Close contact with the parents and home.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sanford Grades: PK-8 | 265 students
810 S Oak Avenue
Sanford, FL 32771
(407) 322-7090 5.4 PK-8
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-12 | 248 students
601 Palm Springs Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407) 831-0950 9.5 PK-12
I toured this school last week and was very pleased with my findings. I met with Sue Stark and she was more than helpful and shared in my excitement about my son starting here for middle school. This seems like a very well rounded and organized school and I am very excited about grounding some roots here with my son!
- Posted by Parent - Brittany
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.