Lake Mary Preparatory School
- Lake Mary Preparatory School was founded on the principle of developing each student's potential within a safe, positive, and academically challenging environment.
- The Lake Mary Prep community is committed to cultivating the value of scholarship, creativity, and the fellowship of a diverse student body.
- Recognizing the variety of ways in which students learn, the Lake Mary Prep faculty and staff strive to empower them to be life-long learners and responsible citizens of the world.
- Academically, students in grades PreK3 through twelve receive a nurturing, challenging success-oriented program that is appropriate developmentally, academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
- Students with an interest in the arts have the opportunity to develop their skills through violin, band, chorus, drama, 2D/3D art, ceramics, glass, film and broadcasting and graphic design.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||695 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||74 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Advanced Courses||ENGLISH: AP English Literature & Composition AP English Language & Composition HISTORY: AP European History AP Government AP United States History AP World History MATH AP Statistics AP Calculus AB SCIENCE AP Biology AP Chemistry AP Environmental Science|
|Average SAT score||1233|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Males: Khaki/black pants/shorts; maroon, gray or white collared uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $8500 - $13050 dependent upon grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Clary|
|Admissions Associate||Cory Ostrowski|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Ceramics, Glass Blowing, Global Society Club, National Honors Society, National Junior Honors Society, National Thespians Troupe, Speech & Debate, World Languages Clu|
- Lake Mary Preparatory School was founded on the principle of developing each student's potential within a safe, positive, and academically challenging environment. The Lake Mary Prep community is committed to cultivating the value of scholarship, creativity, and the fellowship of a diverse student body. Recognizing the variety of ways in which students learn, the Lake Mary Prep faculty and staff strive to empower them to be life-long learners and responsible citizens of the world. Lake Mary Preparatory School opened its doors ten years ago under the direction of Dr. Pouneh Alcott. Since that time the school has transformed into a family of 575 students, their parents, faculty, administration, and friends. Lake Mary Preparatory School is a member of the Meritas Family of Schools and in partnership with eighteen private preparatory schools throughout the United States, Mexico, Switzerland and China. The facilities have changed and currently span forty-eight acres of wireless buildings, five computer labs including two Apple labs, a video conferencing classroom, visual and performing art facilities, athletic courts and fields. Academically, students in grades PK3 through fifth grade receive a nurturing, success-oriented program that is appropriate developmentally, academically, socially, emotionally and physically. As part of the lower school curriculum, students receive instruction in five special areas: music (violin, band and chorus), art, foreign language (Chinese and Spanish), technology, and library. Community school and extended day programs are offered for students in grades PK3 through eighth. Students in grades six through twelve study a wide range of programs embracing high academics including PreAP in all core academic areas and twelve advance placement course offerings, foreign languages (Chinese, Latin and Spanish), visual arts (2D/3D art, ceramics, glass, film and broadcasting and graphic design), performing arts (band, music and drama), competitive forensics, and college counseling. Character education is interlaced throughout all grades curriculum and in conjunction with community service. The character of our students is the foundation of our excellence as a school. The focus of our athletic program is the development of our students through competition. The athletic department plays an integral role within the school community to support the physical, moral, and emotional well-being of our students. Lake Mary Prep is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), the governing body over high school athletics. Lake Mary Prep offers twelve sports with thirty-two teams for middle and high school students. We invite you to visit our Lake Mary Preparatory family and surround your child with what matters most. Contact the Office of Admissions at 407-805-0095 to schedule your tour today.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Mary Grades: PK-6 | 123 students
3551 W Lake Mary Blvd Ste 205
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407)324-2304 1.7 PK-6
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
601 Palm Springs Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407)831-0950 7.7 PK-12
Our son joined LMP last year, in the 2nd grade. We came from another school, from abroad and I was worried about his accommodation to a new school, in a new country, making new friends. On the day of registration, we went to school with great emotions, doubts, I had a lot of questions to ask. Instead, we went home with the certainty that LPM would be the perfect school for our child. Absolutely the entire school staff, were extremely close to us and especially understood the needs of the child, made him feel at home, was welcomed with warmth and understanding. LPM has a great academic program. It is amazing how much he has learned this year, how much he has grown and how wonderfully happy and excited he is to attend school. We are so happy that our son has found a place where he can learn, be challenged and feel safe and loved. The size of the school is perfect. Everyone knows each other no matter what grade you are in. It is a familiar atmosphere, a great environment for kids to grow in. It is really true what they say "LMP it`s a family!"The school`s unique approach to learning engages students in their own development and encourages them to take ownership of their decisions and actions, they are taught to think "out of the box".Extracurricular activities & clubs, sports, and field trips are not missing from the curriculum. Just in one year, our children demonstrated what a great foundation they have. The teachers are excellent, focusing strongly on writing and critical thinking rather than simple memorization and faculty members are very available to provide extra help if needed. We are very happy that we choose Lake Mary Prep!
- Posted by Parent - MD
My son is in his first year at Lake Mary Prep and we are incredibly happy. He attended a highly accelerated preschool program elsewhere and LMP has continued to stimulate him with their wonderful academic program. It is absolutely incredible how much he has learned this year, how much he has grown and how wonderfully happy and excited he is to attend school each day. The administration and teachers are incredible and inspiring to my child. I am thrilled that my shy young son has found a place where he can thrive, learn, be challenged and feel safe and loved.
- Posted by Parent - skinn