Lake Mary Preparatory School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (407) 805-0095
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #2 - Technology and innovation are key ingredients in a successful learning environment.
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #3 - LMP has 39 teams in 14 different sports. These programs are offered at the middle school, junior varsity, and varsity levels. Throughout our athletic program, we place an emphasis on our Honor Code: Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility.
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #4 - The Lake Mary Preparatory School Band Program is made up of several ensembles the Symphonic Band, the LMP Jazz Ensemble, the Pep Band and the GN7 "Rock Band".
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #5 - Our Drama department participates regularly in thespian competitions at the district and state levels.
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #6 - Our Lower School music program includes classes that explore general music principles through the "9 National Music Standards." These include singing, playing instruments, creating and evaluating music, and connecting the other arts through movement. The students explore instruments such as rhythm sticks, jingle bells, hand drums, shakers, Boomwackers, and xylophones through a variety of activities.
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #7 - The Drama department includes students from the Lower School through the Upper School and performs at least two major on-campus productions each year. The program curriculum is comprised of performance technique, stagecraft, elements of design, and multi-genre theatre studies.
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #8 - In our Robotics classes, students use VEX to learn robot design and engineering, and they apply their new skills to the construction of their own robot utilizing the Arduino microcomputer.
Lake Mary Preparatory School Photo #9 - The Visual Arts department spans from digital to traditional design. Included are various techniques of art such as drawing, painting, sculpting, and more. All LMP art studios include large workspaces for students to develop and enrich their creativity and interpretation.
Lake Mary Preparatory School was founded on the principle of developing each student's potential within a safe, positive, and academically challenging environment.
We are committed to cultivating the value of scholarship, creativity, and the fellowship of a diverse student body and we recognize the variety of ways in which students learn. Academically, students in grades PreK3 through twelve receive a nurturing, challenging success-oriented program that is appropriate developmentally, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically.
Students with an interest in the arts have the opportunity to develop their skills through violin, band, chorus, drama, 2D/3D art, ceramics, glass, film and broadcasting, graphic design, and athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||454 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||61 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science A, Computer Science Principles, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, European History, Physics C Mechanics, Psychology, Research, Seminar, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art 2D, United States Government, United States History, World History|
|Average SAT score||1233|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki/black pants/shorts; maroon, gray or white collared uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $11,400 - $16,700 based on grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Advisory, Key Club, National Honors Society, National Junior Honors Society, Robotics, Speech & Debate, Student Government, World Languages Club
Arts and Music Programs:
National Thespians Troupe
- Lake Mary Preparatory School was founded on the principle of developing each student's potential within a safe, positive, and academically challenging environment. The Lake Mary Prep community is committed to cultivating the value of scholarship, creativity, and the fellowship of a diverse student body. We recognize the variety of ways in which students learn, the Lake Mary Prep faculty and staff strive to empower them to be life-long learners and responsible citizens of the world.
- Academically, students in grades PK3 through fifth grade receive a nurturing, success-oriented program that is appropriate developmentally, academically, socially, emotionally and physically. As part of the lower school curriculum, students receive instruction in five special areas: music (violin, band and chorus), art, foreign language (Chinese and Spanish), technology, and library. Community school and extended day programs are offered for students in grades PK3 through eighth.
- Students in grades six through twelve study a wide range of programs embracing high academics including PreAP in all core academic areas and twelve advance placement course offerings, foreign languages (Chinese, Latin and Spanish), visual arts (2D/3D art, ceramics, glass, film and broadcasting and graphic design), performing arts (band, music and drama), competitive forensics, and college counseling. Character education is interlaced throughout all grades curriculum and in conjunction with community service. The character of our students is the foundation of our excellence as a school.
- The focus of our athletic program is the development of our students through competition. The athletic department plays an integral role within the school community to support the physical, moral, and emotional well-being of our students. Lake Mary Prep is a member of the Florida High School Athletic Association (FHSAA), the governing body over high school athletics. Lake Mary Prep offers twelve sports with thirty-two teams for middle and high school students.
- We invite you to visit our Lake Mary Preparatory family and surround your child with what matters most. Contact the Office of Admissions at 407-805-0095 to schedule your tour today!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lake Mary Grades: PK-6 | 123 students
3551 W Lake Mary Blvd Ste 205
Lake Mary, FL 32746
(407) 324-2304 1.7 PK-6
- Altamonte Springs Grades: PK-12 | 248 students
601 Palm Springs Drive
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
(407) 831-0950 7.7 PK-12
Our son joined LMP last year, in the 2nd grade. We came from another school, from abroad and I was worried about his accommodation to a new school, in a new country, making new friends. On the day of registration, we went to school with great emotions, doubts, I had a lot of questions to ask. Instead, we went home with the certainty that LPM would be the perfect school for our child. Absolutely the entire school staff, were extremely close to us and especially understood the needs of the child, made him feel at home, was welcomed with warmth and understanding. LPM has a great academic program. It is amazing how much he has learned this year, how much he has grown and how wonderfully happy and excited he is to attend school. We are so happy that our son has found a place where he can learn, be challenged and feel safe and loved. The size of the school is perfect. Everyone knows each other no matter what grade you are in. It is a familiar atmosphere, a great environment for kids to grow in. It is really true what they say "LMP it`s a family!"The school`s unique approach to learning engages students in their own development and encourages them to take ownership of their decisions and actions, they are taught to think "out of the box".Extracurricular activities & clubs, sports, and field trips are not missing from the curriculum. Just in one year, our children demonstrated what a great foundation they have. The teachers are excellent, focusing strongly on writing and critical thinking rather than simple memorization and faculty members are very available to provide extra help if needed. We are very happy that we choose Lake Mary Prep!
- Posted by Parent - MD
My son is in his first year at Lake Mary Prep and we are incredibly happy. He attended a highly accelerated preschool program elsewhere and LMP has continued to stimulate him with their wonderful academic program. It is absolutely incredible how much he has learned this year, how much he has grown and how wonderfully happy and excited he is to attend school each day. The administration and teachers are incredible and inspiring to my child. I am thrilled that my shy young son has found a place where he can thrive, learn, be challenged and feel safe and loved.
- Posted by Parent - skinn
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.