5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1746 and acclaimed as the oldest girls' school in the United States, Linden Hall has been providing a singularly unique and multi-faceted education for over 260 years.
- The campus is located in the historic town of Lititz, PA and within a few hours of Washington D.C. and New York City.
- As a college preparatory school for grades 6-12 and a post graduate year, Linden Hall is dedicated to excellence in the education of young women.
- By the careful blending of unparalleled tradition and inspired innovation, rigorous academics and enriching co-curriculars, Linden Hall offers the finest in learning and living experiences, as it prepares young women to be the leaders of their generation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||226 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Literature, Government, Photography, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art: 2-D Design, US History|
|Average SAT score||1400|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Finanical Aid & Merit Scholarships available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Katherine Rill|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chorus, Dance, Drama, Drama Competition Team, Echo Literary Magazine, Film/Photography, Global Council, Go Green - environmental initiatives, Hallmarks, Handbells, International Night, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, Student government, Yearbook Chorus, Dance, Drama, Global Council, Hallmarks, Handbells, Newspaper, Photography, Yearbook, Drama Competition Team,|
Echo Literary Magazine,
Go Green - environmental initiatives,
Model United Nations,
National Honor Society,
- Founded in 1746; the oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States
- Enrollment: 215 students from 13 States and 13 Nations
- 47-acre campus two blocks from the square of Lititz, a safe and charming historic town between Harrisburg and Philadelphia
- Close proximity to urban centers. Day trips are arranged for students to explore the history and culture of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
- For students interested in traveling, Fall and Spring break trips are offered to U.S. destinations and to Europe
- Faculty advisor assigned to each student to act as her mentor. Sister Program provides each student with additional peer support
- Comprehensive and supportive College Counseling Program. One-on-one guidance aids students in identifying colleges best matched to their academic potential and personal interests. Direct oversight and preparation for SAT and ACT tests is provided, and Linden Hall's college counseling results in 100% acceptance to some of the nation's finest schools.
- Championship riding program. The Linden Hall equestrian team has held the title of Zone II Regional Champions and IEA National Qualifying Team for the past two years.
Profile last updated: 12/07/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklandvilleGrades: 5-12 | 440 students
11232 Falls Rd
Brooklandville, MD 21022
- West ChesterGrades: PK-12 | 632 students
975 Westtown Road
West Chester, PA 19382
- PottersvilleGrades: 9-12 | 80 students
51 Pottersville Road, P.O. Box 500
Pottersville, NJ 07979
- TowsonGrades: 6-12 | 835 students
815 Hampton Lane
Towson, MD 21286
- ReadingGrades: 1-12 | 47 students
1010 Centre Ave
Reading, PA 19601
I go to linden hall and I love it there. There academic program is great and anyone who goes there could tell you they wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashef
My daughter started at Linden Hall in 6th grade and graduated 2 years ago. It was an amazing experience for her. She took advanced classes that weren't even offered at her public school. The teachers were well supportive, knowledgeable, and caring. I do not feel that my daughter would have had the same great experience at any other local school.
- Posted by Parent - bigpi
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.