5.00 (2 reviews)
- Founded in 1746 and acclaimed as the oldest girls' boarding and day school in the United States, Linden Hall has been providing a singularly unique and multi-faceted education for nearly 300 years.
- The campus is located in the historic town of Lititz, PA and within a few hours of Washington D.C. and New York City. Lititz is 2013's Coolest Small Town in America!
- As a college preparatory school for grades 6-12 and a post graduate year, Linden Hall is dedicated to excellence in the education of young women.
- By the careful blending of unparalleled tradition and inspired innovation, rigorous academics and enriching co-curriculars, Linden Hall offers the finest in learning and living experiences, as it prepares young women to be the leaders of their generation.
- Linden Hall's 220 students come from more than 15 states and represent more than 40 countries.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||173 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Literature, Government, Photography, Physics B, Physics C, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art: 2-D Design, US History|
|Average SAT score||1400|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform (plaid skirt or khaki pants and blue or white polo shirt))
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,900|
|Tuition Notes||Need-based financial aid and merit scholarships available. Day School: $23,900. 5-Day Boarding: $49,700. 7-Day Boarding: $57,650.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Dennis|
|Admissions Associate||Anna Kreitzer|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Ballet,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Drama Competition Team, Global Council|
Club or Organization:
Echo Literary Magazine, Film/Photography, Go Green - environmental initiatives, Hallmarks, International Night, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, Student government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance, Drama, Handbells
- Founded in 1746; the oldest girls' boarding/day school in the United States
- Enrollment: 220 students from 16 States and 41 Nations
- 49-acre campus two blocks from the square of Lititz, a safe and charming historic town between Harrisburg and Philadelphia
- Close proximity to urban centers. Day trips are arranged for students to explore the history and culture of New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
- For students interested in traveling, Fall and Spring break trips are offered to U.S. destinations and to Europe
- Faculty advisor assigned to each student to act as her mentor. Sister Program provides each student with additional peer support
- Comprehensive and supportive College Counseling Program. One-on-one guidance aids students in identifying colleges best matched to their academic potential and personal interests. Direct oversight and preparation for SAT and ACT tests is provided, and Linden Hall's college counseling results in 100% acceptance to some of the nation's finest schools.
- Championship riding program; competitive IEA dressage and hunt seat teams for both Middle School and Upper School, cross country course, travel for shows and recreational riding
- Aviation program for Upper School girls to earn their private pilot's license
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklandville Grades: 5-12 | 440 students
11232 Falls Rd
Brooklandville, MD 21022
(410)823-6323 54.4 5-12
- Bethlehem Grades: 6-8 | 191 students
11 W Market St
Bethlehem, PA 18018
(610)866-6677 58.2 6-8
I go to linden hall and I love it there. There academic program is great and anyone who goes there could tell you they wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Ashef
My daughter started at Linden Hall in 6th grade and graduated 2 years ago. It was an amazing experience for her. She took advanced classes that weren't even offered at her public school. The teachers were well supportive, knowledgeable, and caring. I do not feel that my daughter would have had the same great experience at any other local school.
- Posted by Parent - bigpi
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.