Little Flower Preparatory School, Inc.
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (718) 342-0908
- Little Flower Inc. was founded in May 1982. Little Flower is a non-public, independent, tuition-based educational institution which addresses itself to serving the academia, social, and cultural needs to a diverse population of children during the preschool, primary and elementary years. Our mission is to be the leading provider of Early Childhood Education by offering students a competitive advantage in a child-friendly environment using the Montessori approach in all the content areas.
- The Administration and staff of Little Flower Day Care Center and Preparatory School feels that it is essential for the home and the school to collaborate together for the benefit of the child. We hope to provide each child with the feeling of security and adequacy outside the home to live and play with their peers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Differentiation of Instructions|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||59 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Class A and Class B uniforms for both genders)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$200|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood rates are weekly standard rates, now based on selected and agreed hours, and Grade School starts at $450 monthly in the lower grades, to $500 in the upper grades. After School Rates are $120 weekly|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Ruth Cashman (Education Director)|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Patricia WilsonChhattani|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Martial ArtsDance, Martial Arts,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Choir, Poetry|
Arts and Music Programs:
- Parents are required to attend an Open House or Orientation prior to registration to obtain preliminary information about the school' programs, policies and procedures. This process allows parents the best options in making a more informed decision for placement. We have just added the MONTESSORI approach to early learning for Nursery and Pre-School children. Additionally, we have also included 7th and 8th grades effective September 2011.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brooklyn Grades: NS-8 | 175 students
195 State Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 624-0501 2.9 NS-8
A recognized High-Quality coed school since 1982, located in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn. I give this school a rating of 5, 5 being the highest. Call us at 718-342-0908 for a tour!
- Posted by Administrator - Dr. Patricia Wilson-Chhattani
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.