- Located in Thousand Oaks, CA, Little Oaks School is an affordable, non-denominational private school nestled in Ventura County and only minutes away from Los Angeles County.
- With a diverse educational background, Little Oaks also offers year-round childcare to accommodate working families.
- From the ages of 2 to 12, families will experience one-on-one attention both in the classroom and playground environment.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Piamor Jacobe|
- We believe all children have God given potential. Our goal is to provide positive experiences that will enable students to reach their fullest potential. The curriculum aims at academic excellence while allowing for different styles and rates of learning.
- In May of 2009, the Family, Life, Faith, & Freedom Educational Corporation, an affiliate of Calvary Chapel of Thousand Oaks proudly purchased Little Oaks Elementary School and Preschool. Little Oaks School, which had its roots planted over 30 years ago, has continued to offer numerous families a “home away from home” school environment centered on the appropriate emotional, social, and academic growth needed for all children. Research shows the foundation for all future learning is formed in the preschool and elementary school years. All students at Little Oaks are challenged in leadership in the areas of service and outreach in the community as well as character building activities throughout the school year. Weekly chapels centered on the characteristics of God reiterate the character-based curriculum taught by our experienced teachers in the classroom. By providing a high quality, well balanced program at Little Oaks, your child’s academic prospects will be highly enhanced. Our staff members are highly trained and experienced. They have a wide range of skills and interests (art, music, Spanish, computer, after-school clubs, etc.) which they share with students and other teachers. A classroom includes a maximum of 20 students per class with a teacher and teacher’s aide present throughout the school day. This ensures individualized attention for each student’s academic success. Our teachers are enthusiastic about learning, willing to try new experiences and flexible enough to work with other staff members. Little Oaks School continues to be a small, cheerful and nurturing facility where students feel confident, secure, and able to challenge themselves academically. Our experienced and caring staff warmly welcomes students each day and begins their classes with stimulating activities. With our family-like atmosphere, students and families alike can grow with Little Oaks as it is a partnership between staff members and families working together to provide the best possible educational experience for all.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Westlake VillageGrades: PK-K | 194 students
1049 Westlake Blvd
Westlake Village, CA 91361
Thousand OaksGrades: PK-KG | 21 students
390 Arcturus St
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Thousand OaksGrades: PK-12 | 342 students
384 Erbes Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
Agoura HillsGrades: NS-K | 52 students
28124 Driver Avenue
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Thousand OaksGrades: K-6 | 130 students
1 Church Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
My son attended Little Oaks for Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten and then attended Summer Camp every year until he was 12. He loved the teachers, camp counselors, experiences and friends he made while at Little Oaks, and remembers all those years with happiness. My daughter has now attended Little Oaks since June, 2013, and loves everything about this wonderful school. She adores her teachers, cherishes her friends, and has a love of learning that continues to deepen with time. Ms. Kerry, Mrs. Novak and Mrs. Myers were an integral part of the strength of Little Oaks back when my son attended, as they are now for my daughter. I have found the teachers at this school, without exception, to be warm, enthusiastic and engaging educators. I would wholeheartedly recommend Little Oaks to any parent looking for an enlightening and nurturing early school experience for their child.
- Posted by Parent - mjs4q
My child has attended preschool at Little Oaks for the last year. Her development has been absolutely incredible, something I attribute in large part to the staff and curriculum at Little Oaks. The school always has a new event or activity for the children to take part in. My child is always excited to go to Little Oaks to see her friends and teachers.
- Posted by Parent - iant5
Wonderful School! Our 2 yo is so happy at Little Oaks. Her teachers are great and very nurturing! It is so comforting as a parent to know that my daughter is at a safe, nurturing and loving place.
- Posted by Parent - katie
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.