Lone Oak Montessori School
Tel: (301) 469-4888
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #2 - Students trace and color with precision to develop skills they will use to write.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #3 - Collage helps develop creativity and fine motor skills, as well as practical life clean-up skills.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #4 - Students learn the country names and positions of all the continents with the Puzzle Maps.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #5 - Once a child knows the country names, they work on writing labels for each country. This is usually Kindergarten work.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #6 - A quiet corner is always available for students to look through a constantly rotating supply of books.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #7 - Cloth Washing is a two-person job that promotes team work and practical life skills. Socialization is also an important component of the classroom.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #8 - Children work with this material in Primary as a puzzle and later in Elementary as a tool for learning advanced mathematics.
Lone Oak Montessori School Photo #9 - Older Elementary students can perform science experiments based on written instructions.
Lone Oak, established in 1981 and accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Maryland State Board of Education, has a staff of highly-trained teachers with a Master's degree or equivalent in Montessori Education.
The school believes that the Montessori program with its individualized approach to education allows children to reach their full potential at every stage.
The non-competitive, multi-age classrooms encourage children to help younger students and to see what is next as they progress.
Based on this approach, children have the ability to do advanced work in both mathematics and language from an early age and with the concrete materials to understand the concepts fully.
The protected work period helps children develop concentration and independence while also encouraging a sense of community as children navigate different activities with different children throughout their day.
Your child can participate fully in learning as a joyful process. Come see for yourself!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,672|
|Tuition Notes||$8,509 Half-day PreK; $10,672 Full-day PreK-K; $10,852 Elementary program (grades 1-6)|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chinese Lessons, Violin and Cello|
- Lone Oak Montessori School provides a stimulating and nurturing Montessori environment in which both intellectual and creative endeavors are cultivated. We are dedicated to providing challenging and enriching educational experiences. Each child is motivated to develop to his or her fullest potential academically, emotionally, and socially. We foster respect, responsibility, and intellectual curiosity. Our dedication to remaining true to the Montessori philosophy enables our students to become independent lifelong learners and contributing members of the larger community. Established in 1981
- Co-educational day school
- Approximately 80 students
- Ages 2 to 12 years old
- Primary and Elementary classroom teachers hold Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) diplomas
- Spanish, music and art enrichment are offered at Primary and Elementary levels
- Multi-age classrooms
- 1 Toddler Class (2 - 3 years)3 Primary Classes (ages 3 - 6 years)1 Elementary Class (ages 6 - 12 years)
- 2 Campuses
- Democracy Campus10201 Democracy BoulevardPotomac, MD 20854
- Old Georgetown Campus10100 Old Georgetown RoadBethesda, MD 20814
- Classroom Composition
- Primary 18:2Toddler 12:2Elementary 15:2Each class has one Montessori Teacher and
- one assistant in addition to other support staff.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Potomac Grades: NS | 60 students
9201 Falls Chapel Way
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 424-4318 2.4 NS
- Potomac Grades: PK-K
11931 Seven Locks Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
(301) 340-7704 2.5 PK-K
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.