Lotus Academy Early Learning Center
- The Lotus Academy was founded in 1974, and has operated since that time on the basis of one primary objective: creating an academically superior and culturally affirming institution that develops future leaders and thinkers.
- Because the Lotus Academy is a private, independent school that receives no funding from city, state, or federal sources, it is able to operate on a very selective admissions basis.
- Every student applicant is tested and observed, and must meet our high academic and developmental standards in order to be accepted for admission.
- All incoming students' previous report cards and school records are thoroughly reviewed prior to their admission to ensure that their behavioral and character development will also allow them to be successful in a program where conduct is as important as academic performance.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-8 | 100 students
220 W Upsal St
Philadelphia, PA 19119
(215)438-6557 0.8 PK-8
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-2 | 14 students
610 E Mount Pleasant Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19119
(215)242-6030 2.4 NS-2
- Philadelphia Grades: NS-12 | 104 students
1196 East Washington Lane
Philadelphia, PA 19138
(215)866-0200 2 NS-12
- Philadelphia Grades: K-7 | 34 students
222 E High St 44
Philadelphia, PA 19144
(215)848-8170 1 K-7
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.