Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
- SCH Academy is an independent, college-preparatory day school preschool to grade 12 located in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia on a 62-acre campus.
- Enrollment is approximately 1,070 students in grades Pre-K through 12 with students coming from 100 zip codes in and around Philadelphia.
- The school`s unique model is distinguished by single-sex education for the lower grades (Pre-K through 8th grade) followed by a coed High School. A full range of extracurricular and co-curricular offerings are available.
- SCH is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the Pennsylvania Association of Private Academic Schools.
- SCH also holds membership in NAIS, NASSP, CEEB, NACAC, PACAC, and the Cum Laude Society.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||1,133 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||137 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform varies depending on grade level.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level. Read about our tuition: https://www.sch.org/admissions/tuition-financial-aid|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||David Rauch, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management|
|Admissions Associate||Katy Friedland|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Cappies, Community Council, Events Council, Fashion Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Honor Council, Math Peer Tutor, Mock Trial, Model UN, Pop-Up Poetry, Robotics, Service Council, World Language Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy (SCH) is a private preschool to high school education that offers a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum to 1,070 students from over 100 regional zip codes and several international origins. SCH offers a unique educational model of single-sex classrooms in pre-k through 8th grade that empowers its students to thrive independently and collectively. SCH is distinguished by unique academic offerings in entrepreneurial leadership, robotics and engineering, performing arts and digital media, outdoor education, and the principles of being sustainability-minded global citizens. SCH Academy is the product of a 2011 merger between Springside School and Chestnut Hill Academy and combines 300 years of academic excellence.
- Situated on a 62-acre campus in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, the school prides itself on preparing students to lead lives characterized by thoughtfulness, integrity, and a passion to effect positive change. Learn more at www.sch.org/learn.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 600 students
17th St & Benjamin Franklin
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 561-5900 7.7 PK-12
- Glenside Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
35 Hillcrest Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
(215) 233-0782 1.8 PK-12
The growth that SCH has experienced since the merger is incredible. The faculty and student body truly live the stated mission. Students are encouraged to pursue their passions; whether they include athletics or visual or performing arts. Faculty is dedicated and caring. Our son is thriving here, and we are so happy that we chose to be part of the SCH community!
- Posted by Parent - D
SCH is a fantastic place for a student to learn, play, explore, grow, find friends, and gain mentorship. The school has a unique model of single sex education for boys and girls, pre-k through 8th grade, and coed education, 9th through 12th grade. With the rigorous college prep program, Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership from 4th through 12th grades, outstanding robotics & engineering program, arts curriculum, and athletics - all on the edge of the Wissahickon woods - on a 62-acre campus, SCH offers a wonderful academic & extracurricular experience.
- Posted by Administrator - Julia