Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
- SCH Academy is an independent, college-preparatory day school for boys and girls.
- Enrollment is approximately 1,105 students in grades Pre-K through 12 with students coming from 98 zip codes in and around Philadelphia.
- The school`s unique model is distinguished by single-sex education for the lower grades (Pre-K through 8) followed by a coed Upper School. A full range of extracurricular and co-curricular offerings are available.
- SCH is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the Pennsylvania Association of Private Academic Schools.
- SCH also holds membership in NAIS, NASSP, CEEB, NACAC, PACAC, and the Cum Laude Society.
Springside Chestnut Hill Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||137 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(school uniform varies depending on grade level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on grade level. Read about our tuition: https://www.sch.org/admissions/affording-sch|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||David Rauch, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management|
|Admissions Associate||Katy Friedland|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Cappies, Community Council, Events Council, Gay Straight Alliance, Honor Council, Math Peer Tutor, Mock Trial, Model UN, Pop-Up Poetry, Robotics, Service Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Springside Chestnut Hill Academy is an independent school offering a rigorous college preparatory program that goes beyond the expected to deliver an unparalleled academic experience. The school`s unique model is distinguished by single-sex education for the lower grades (Pre-K through 8) followed by a coed Upper School. In 2012, SCH Academy established the Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (CEL) to complement its core curriculum and givestudents the skills and mindset to distinguish themselves as leaders, breakthrough thinkers, and imaginative problem solvers. The school is situated on a 62-acre campus in the Chestnut Hill section of Philadelphia and serves 1,100 boys and girls from more than 90 zip codes and internationally. SCH Academy is the product of the 2010 merger between Springside School and Chestnut Hill Academy and combines nearly 300 years of academic excellence. A full range of extracurricular and co-curricular offerings are available. SCH is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the Pennsylvania Association of Private Academic Schools. SCH also holds membership in NAIS, NASSP, CEEB, NACAC, PACAC, and the Cum Laude Society.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Glenside Grades: PK-12 | 252 students
35 Hillcrest Avenue
Glenside, PA 19038
(215)233-0782 1.8 PK-12
The growth that SCH has experienced since the merger is incredible. The faculty and student body truly live the stated mission. Students are encouraged to pursue their passions; whether they include athletics or visual or performing arts. Faculty is dedicated and caring. Our son is thriving here, and we are so happy that we chose to be part of the SCH community!
- Posted by Parent - D
SCH is a fantastic place for a student to learn, play, explore, grow, find friends, and gain mentorship. The school has a unique model of single sex education for boys and girls, pre-k through 8th grade, and coed education, 9th through 12th grade. With the rigorous college prep program, Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership from 4th through 12th grades, outstanding robotics & engineering program, arts curriculum, and athletics - all on the edge of the Wissahickon woods - on a 62-acre campus, SCH offers a wonderful academic & extracurricular experience.
- Posted by Administrator - Julia