- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 428 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,850
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Bear Print Newspaper, Book Club, Campus Ministry Delegates, Community Service Coprs, Cooking Club, Debate, NFA Lego Club, Reading Olympics, Robotics, Science Explorers, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, The Green Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorale, Digital Photography, Drama Club, Young Rembrandts Drawing Class, Zumba
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleading, Girls on the Run, Matt Paul All Ball, Matt Paul Basketball, Matt Paul Flag Football, Running Club, Soccer Shots, Yoga
- Norwood-Fontbonne Academy, founded in 1920 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent Catholic Academy for boys and girls from preschool level through grade eight. The student population reflects ethnic, racial, religious and geographic diversity. NFA's curriculum includes a Montessori program, as well as a creative interactive classroom program. The Academy features small class sizes and the option of an extended day program. NFA continues to respond to the ever-evolving needs of its students. Norwood-Fontbonne Academy exists to convey Gospel values and the enjoyment of learning so that students may be better able to make reflective choices as self-directed persons who treasure themselves, all others and the earth. The resulting faith formation and social consciousness are lived out through prayer and actions in a school-wide Service Learning program. A rich tradition of striving for excellence through diversified academic, co-curricular, and enrichment programs is augmented by the development of the person. Preparation of students for leadership roles in the multicultural and technological future is an integral part of the teaching philosophy. Norwood-Fontbonne Academy continues to find creative ways to embody the mission of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, "to live and work so that all people may be united with God and one another."
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Norwood-Fontbonne Academy cost?
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy's tuition is approximately $13,850 for private students.
What sports does Norwood-Fontbonne Academy offer?
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy offers 11 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming and Track and Field.
What is Norwood-Fontbonne Academy's ranking?
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees, Largest student body, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Norwood-Fontbonne Academy?
The application deadline for Norwood-Fontbonne Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Norwood-Fontbonne Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards