The Waldorf School of Philadelphia
- Top Ranked PA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 258 students
- Yearly Tuition: $15,500
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
The Waldorf School of Philadelphia ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Pennsylvania for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Arts and Music Programs:
Handwork & Woodworking, Handwork Program, Music, Orchestra, Theater Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Waldorf School of Philadelphia strives to create a social, cultural, and learning environment that recognizes the child's spiritual freedom and growth. We are a school that adheres to a unique and time-tested curriculum where our students are free to learn without the pressure and stress of standardized testing.
- Inspired by Rudolf Steiner's insights into human development, the Waldorf School of Philadelphia is a vibrant learning community where education - based on a deep understanding of the developing child - integrates the intellectual with the artistic and the practical with the beautiful, fostering the ability to engage fully in the world.
- Our substantively rich academic curriculum includes many special subject classes such as Spanish, Music, Handwork, Games, Eurythmy, Orchestra, Sculpture, and Woodworking.
- The Waldorf School of Philadelphia is one of many Waldorf schools around the world but the only one of its kind in the city of Philadelphia, providing affordable, flexible, programs that serve children ages 2 through 14.
Endorse The Waldorf School of Philadelphia. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards