Friends Select School
- Friends Select School's mission is to provide a challenging, college-preparatory academic program to its diverse, coed student population, from pre-kindergarten to twelfth grade.
- Members of the Friends Select community believe in the Quaker values of respect for all, simplicity, the peaceful resolution to conflict, and a constant search for truth.
- The school works to achieve a balance between the needs of individuals and the community, in an atmosphere of cooperation and concern for the betterment of all.
- It values the rich diversity of its urban setting and the opportunities and challenges it provides for the education of its students.
- Under the caring oversight of dedicated faculty and staff, Friends Select students gain the knowledge, skills and character that will help them to live full lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||600 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Grades: PK-12 | 546 students
910 N. 6th Street (Multiple Campus Locations)
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215) 792-6224 1.3 PK-12