Love Of Learning Montessori School
- Love of Learning strives to nurture the curiosity, creativity, and imagination born within us all, to awaken the human spirit of every child, to celebrate the diversity of our community, and to approach each child as an individual while inspiring a passion for excellence and a lifelong love of learning.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading Specialist on Site|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||183 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform for Elementary)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Abrakadoodle, Creative Dance Laboratory, Gold Strings, Kindercrafts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Smart Coach, Soccer Shots
- The longest, most successful Infant & Toddler Program in Columbia.
- The only Montessori school in Howard County that starts at 6 weeks and goes through 12 years old (6th grade).
- Alumni transition easily to top competitive schools such as Glenelg Country School, McDonogh School, The Park School, St. Louis Parish Day School, Sandy Spring Friends School and Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart, to name a few.
- All teachers are Montessori-trained and qualified, with an average of 10+ years of teaching experience.
- All teachers are trained at higher standards than required by Maryland State Department of Education.
- Fully equipped and intimate Montessori classrooms that offer more inidividualized attention.
- Technology introduced at Elementary level includes the use of iPads and computers for research, report writing, and presentations.
- The most robust Montessori curriculum in the area.
- Students are consistently 2 to 4 years ahead in math, reading and science than the national norm.
- Upper Elementary students participate each year in the Montessori Model United Nations in New York City. In the past, students have represented countries such as Cuba, France, Argentina, Belarus, and Haiti.
- A community of teachers, students and parents from all over the United States, Europe, Asia, Central and South America.
- Daily, multi-sensory Spanish classes begin for children as young as 3 years old.
- The only school in Columbia with an intensive Foreign Language Program. In Kindergarten, our children begin to learn to read and write in Spanish and continues increasing their comprehension and fluency so that by 6th grade students can communicate comfortably with native Spanish speakers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-3
9760 Owen Brown Rd
Columbia, MD 21045
(410)730-5056 2.5 NS-3
- Columbia Grades: NS-8 | 138 students
10350 Old Columbia Road
Columbia, MD 21046
(410)312-7413 5.5 NS-8
- Columbia Grades: PK-1 | 76 students
10508 Marble Faun Ln
Columbia, MD 21044
(410)772-8353 3 PK-1