Columbia Montessori School
- Columbia Montessori School is a small pre-school, providing a quality education and qualified, licensed day care at this location for over 25 years.
- The school day at CMS is a balance of academic preparation using the Montessori Method of Education and play.
- We offer a variety of program schedules designed to meet the needs of today's family.
- Our teachers are certified Montessori teachers and certified Day Care teachers.
- All of our staff is caring and dedicated, making the turn-over minimal.
- At Columbia Montessori School, we pledge to conduct ourselves professionally and personally in ways that will reflect our respect for each other and for the children we serve.
- We will do whatever is within our talents and capacity to protect the rights of each child to have the freedom and opportunity to develop his or her full potential.
- The philosophy of Columbia Montessori School is based on the traditional Montessori program, which was designed to help young children to develop themselves into independent individuals.
- We believe that children from a very young age are ready and capable of learning vast amounts of knowledge.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Maria E. Garcia|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbia Grades: NS-3
9760 Owen Brown Rd
Columbia, MD 21045
(410)730-5056 2 NS-3
- Columbia Grades: PK-1 | 183 students
9151 Rumsey Road
Columbia, MD 21045
(410)715-9600 3 PK-1
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.