Lutheran High School Of San Antonio
- Lutheran High School, a college preparatory Christian High School, is supported by six congregations of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- In 1999, LHS was granted regional and national accreditation through the Lutheran Schools Accreditation Commission which is recognized by the Commissioner of Education of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and certified by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC).
- Yearly accreditation evaluations enable LHS to maintain its excellent accreditation rating.
- Lutheran High School's academic program exceeds TEA standards. Students have the opportunity to choose regular courses, honors or advanced placement (AP) in most subjects.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
State or regional independent school association
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||90 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Check website for current tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Stephen Eggold|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competitions, Band, Choir, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Manga & Anime Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, Service Clubs, Spiritual Life Group, Student Council, Yearbook Band, Choir, Drama, Newspaper, Photography, Service Clubs, Yearbook, Academic Competitions,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Manga & Anime Club,
National Honor Society,
Spiritual Life Group,
- God and the Bible are present in every class and activity.
- Lutheran High offers proven academic achievement.
- Lutheran High offers a full range of Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors Programs.
- Lutheran High Staff members are highly credentialed and certified.
- Lutheran High graduates are recruited by top colleges.
- A small staff to student ratio allows Lutheran High teachers to know and care about each student.
- Lutheran High provides a welcoming, friendly, safe, academic environment.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 541 students
15415 Red Robin Rd
San Antonio, TX 78255
San AntonioGrades: K | 137 students
14875 Kyle Seale Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78255
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 482 students
20955 West Tejas Trail
San Antonio, TX 78257
San AntonioGrades: 9-12 | 150 students
12721 Mountain Air Suite 101
San Antonio, TX 78249
San AntonioGrades: 6-12 | 9 students
San Antonio, TX 78249
I could not have choosen a better private school for my two boys. They both are excelling in the small school environment and getting awesome academic preparation for college. They are flourishing with the spiritual aspect. The teachers are phenomenal and know every student's strengths and weaknesses and do a superb job guiding and directing all the students. The students are there for each other as well to make sure everyone suceeds!
- Posted by Parent - usaf1
I have been at Lutheran for almost two years now and I absolutely love it! The teachers are always there to help you no matter what it is about. I have excelled in many of my classes thanks to the help of my teachers. We have been adding more and more clubs so far we have anime club, book club, pro life club, and chess club and will hopefully be starting more! We also have sports such as volleyball who recently just won district championships, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis etc. Lutheran High school is extremely welcoming and all of the students are always there for each other. If anyone is looking for a school I would definitely recommend this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - amslo