Lutheran High School Of San Antonio
- Lutheran High School, a college preparatory Christian High School, is supported by six congregations of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
- In 1999, LHS was granted regional and national accreditation through the Lutheran Schools Accreditation Commission which is recognized by the Commissioner of Education of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and certified by the Texas Private School Accreditation Commission (TEPSAC).
- Yearly accreditation evaluations enable LHS to maintain its excellent accreditation rating.
- Lutheran High School's academic program exceeds TEA standards. Students have the opportunity to choose regular courses, honors or advanced placement (AP) in most subjects.
Lutheran High School Of San Antonio places among the top 20% of private schools in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
State or regional independent school association
National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
Texas Private School Accreditation Commission
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||163 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Check website for current tuition rates.|
|Admissions Director||Stephen Eggold|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competitions, Band, Choir, Drama, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Manga & Anime Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Photography, Service Clubs, Spiritual Life Group, Student Council, Yearbook|
- God and the Bible are present in every class and activity.
- Lutheran High offers proven academic achievement.
- Lutheran High offers a full range of Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors Programs.
- Lutheran High Staff members are highly credentialed and certified.
- Lutheran High graduates are recruited by top colleges.
- A small staff to student ratio allows Lutheran High teachers to know and care about each student.
- Lutheran High provides a welcoming, friendly, safe, academic environment.
- People that viewed Lutheran High School Of San Antonio also viewed these schools: Buckner Fanning School at Mission Springs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Grades: PK-12 | 241 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 721-4700 9.8 PK-12
Lutheran High School is a phenomenal college prep school. My daughter is thriving as a freshman- taking honors courses and she is able to be involved in multiple sports. There are now more than 160 students who are all involved in sports and extracurricular activities. The teachers are outstanding and through her classes she is learning how to prepare for real-world issues. The Christian foundation is incredible-Faith classes, Chapel, and Chapel Families. I could not ask for a better experience.
- Posted by Parent - AJ
I could not have choosen a better private school for my two boys. They both are excelling in the small school environment and getting awesome academic preparation for college. They are flourishing with the spiritual aspect. The teachers are phenomenal and know every student's strengths and weaknesses and do a superb job guiding and directing all the students. The students are there for each other as well to make sure everyone suceeds!
- Posted by Parent - usaf1
I have been at Lutheran for almost two years now and I absolutely love it! The teachers are always there to help you no matter what it is about. I have excelled in many of my classes thanks to the help of my teachers. We have been adding more and more clubs so far we have anime club, book club, pro life club, and chess club and will hopefully be starting more! We also have sports such as volleyball who recently just won district championships, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis etc. Lutheran High school is extremely welcoming and all of the students are always there for each other. If anyone is looking for a school I would definitely recommend this school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - amslo