The Winston School San Antonio
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (210) 615-6544
- The mission of The Winston School San Antonio is to provide a personalized, college preparatory education to students with high potential and identified learning differences.
- A Winston School graduate is confident, well-rounded, and a life-long self advocate. Since 1985, WSSA has been providing opportunities for bright students to excel in academics, fine arts, athletics, and service to the community.
- All teachers are dedicated to enhancing each student`s academic and personal growth using targeted, positive, structured teaching methods in our small classes.
- With an outstanding college and career planning program, more than 85% of our graduates attend college.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Multiple programs offered with varying process. Brochure is on our web site.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julie A. Saboe|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Chess Club, Cub Scouts, EarlyAct, Freedom Arts Magazine, Interact, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Glee Club, National Art Honor Society
- The Winston School San Antonio exists to educate children in grades kindergarten through twelve with learning differences and learning disabilities in an atmosphere that addresses their personal learning styles and promotes self-esteem, a positive attitude about learning, and optimal attainment of educational and career goals. Students will become advocates for themselves and others and will be able to make a contribution to the world in which they live. With the support and participation of the health care and educational communities, The Winston School San Antonio develops diagnostic and educational programs for the treatment of learning disabilities and provides public information and training opportunities for health care and educational professionals. The Winston School San Antonio provides an environment for ongoing scientific research into the cause and treatment of learning disabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Antonio Grades: K-12 | 87 students
5810 Blanco Rd
San Antonio, TX 78216
(210) 384-0297 4.5 K-12
- San Antonio Grades: PK-12 | 241 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 721-4700 11.7 PK-12
- San Antonio Grades: PK-8 | 401 students
16801 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
(210) 479-1477 8.2 PK-8
Our son's academic struggles were simply resolved at the Winston School. We cannot ever thank then for all they did to build confidence and grit in our son. We are forever grateful to everyone that works at this amazing institution.
- Posted by Parent - Dr. Maria Rosen
I have been going to Winston for 10 years. I love it. Its like my home. I have dyslexia. Its pretty severe dyslexia. But since I''ve been at Winston its gotten a lot better for me to:read,write, learn, every thing now I am freshman at Winston.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rebec
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.