The Winston School San Antonio
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of The Winston School San Antonio is to provide a personalized, college preparatory education to students with high potential and identified learning differences.
- A Winston School graduate is confident, well-rounded, and a life-long self advocate. Since 1985, WSSA has been providing opportunities for bright students to excel in academics, fine arts, athletics, and service to the community.
- All teachers are dedicated to enhancing each student`s academic and personal growth using targeted, positive, structured teaching methods in our small classes.
- With an outstanding college and career planning program, more than 85% of our graduates attend college.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)|
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(school uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Julie A. Saboe|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beta Club, Chess Club, Cub Scouts, Debate Club, EarlyAct, Freedom Arts Magazine, Glee Club, Interact, Martial Arts, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Robotics, Student Council Beta Club, Chess Club, Cub Scouts, Debate Club, EarlyAct, Glee Club, Interact, Martial Arts, Robotics, Freedom Arts Magazine,|
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
- The Winston School San Antonio exists to educate children in grades kindergarten through twelve with learning differences and learning disabilities in an atmosphere that addresses their personal learning styles and promotes self-esteem, a positive attitude about learning, and optimal attainment of educational and career goals. Students will become advocates for themselves and others and will be able to make a contribution to the world in which they live. With the support and participation of the health care and educational communities, The Winston School San Antonio develops diagnostic and educational programs for the treatment of learning disabilities and provides public information and training opportunities for health care and educational professionals. The Winston School San Antonio provides an environment for ongoing scientific research into the cause and treatment of learning disabilities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 88 students
5810 Blanco Rd
San Antonio, TX 78216
- AdkinsGrades: PK-8 | 108 students
5212 Fm 1628 P.O. Box 397
Adkins, TX 78101
- San AntonioGrades: PK-8 | 401 students
16801 Huebner Rd
San Antonio, TX 78258
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1043 students
19202 Redland Road
San Antonio, TX 78259
- San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1078 students
4802 Vance Jackson Road
San Antonio, TX 78230
I have been going to Winston for 10 years. I love it. Its like my home. I have dyslexia. Its pretty severe dyslexia. But since I''ve been at Winston its gotten a lot better for me to:read,write, learn, every thing now I am freshman at Winston.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rebec
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.