River City Christian School is a unique, Christ-centered, safe environment for children with learning differences.
The school's specially trained teachers and multidisciplinary curriculum enables children to learn and grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. River City Christian School specializes in educating students, from pre-K (3-4) to 12th grade, who have academic challenges to include: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalcula, Asperger's Disorder and Central Auditory Processing Disorder, among other learning differences. River City Christian School believes that God has a divine purpose for every student's life, and that every student has the potential to succeed at his or her own pace and level.
Our core belief is that every student deserves an educational setting that integrates personal, spiritual and academic growth to provide a comprehensive and specialized learning experience, despite the challenges they face in the learning process.
It is River City Christian School's desire for each student to form the critical thinking skills necessary to make Godly choices in life. The goal of River City Christian School is to provide the children of our community an individualized educational program in a nurturing Christian environment.
River City Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 88 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
ADD, ADHD, Dylslexia, Dyscalculia, High Functioning Autism, Dysgraphia and others
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 41%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Our tuition is inline with average US tuition.
Total Sports Offered
- River City Christian School is a Christian school specifically designed to educate students with learning and/or social difficulties. River City Christian School specializes in educating students, from pre-k (3-4) to 12th grade, who have learning differences to include, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalcula, Asperger`s Disorder and Central Auditory Processing Disorder, among other learning differences. River City Christian School is a unique, Christ-centered, safe environment for children with learning differences and/or social difficulties. The school's specially trained teachers and multidisciplinary curriculum enables our children to learn and grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. The faculty, staff and students of RCCS are committed to making a difference in the special need's community by reaching them with the healing power of Jesus Christ our Lord. River City Christian School's caring and degreed staff is dedicated to providing your child with an individualized educational program in a nurturing Christian environment. The teaching faculty is committed help students rekindle a desire to learn, develop an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior, and to develop Godly character and self-worth. Every teacher has a strong calling to teach children with unique learning and emotional needs.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does River City Christian School offer a summer program?
Yes, River City Christian School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does River City Christian School offer?
River City Christian School offers 9 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for River City Christian School?
The application deadline for River City Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
One of the best schools that focuses s on the student`s strengths for learning. My son is going into his 3rd years has has progressed so much the staff have a love to our children that they want them to succeed with faith in God and love.
My girls are blossoming here! It is difficult to find Christian schools that strive to bring glory to God through everything they do while being able to offer a solid education to kids who learn differently.
Great Christ-centered school. Teaches basics and then Christian values. Students have college credit courses or career paths available. Reasonable pricing and great family community.
Endorse River City Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.