River City Christian School
River City Christian School is a unique, Christ-centered, safe environment for children with learning differences.
The school's specially trained teachers and multidisciplinary curriculum enables children to learn and grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. River City Christian School specializes in educating students, from pre-K (3-4) to 12th grade, who have academic challenges to include: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalcula, Asperger's Disorder and Central Auditory Processing Disorder, among other learning differences. River City Christian School believes that God has a divine purpose for every student's life, and that every student has the potential to succeed at his or her own pace and level.
Our core belief is that every student deserves an educational setting that integrates personal, spiritual and academic growth to provide a comprehensive and specialized learning experience, despite the challenges they face in the learning process.
It is River City Christian School's desire for each student to form the critical thinking skills necessary to make Godly choices in life. The goal of River City Christian School is to provide the children of our community an individualized educational program in a nurturing Christian environment.
River City Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic and other school administered programs.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 88 students
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
ADD, ADHD, Dylslexia, Dyscalculia, High Functioning Autism, Dysgraphia and others
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Our tuition is inline with average US tuition.
Total Sports Offered
- River City Christian School is a Christian school specifically designed to educate students with learning and/or social difficulties. River City Christian School specializes in educating students, from pre-k (3-4) to 12th grade, who have learning differences to include, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyscalcula, Asperger`s Disorder and Central Auditory Processing Disorder, among other learning differences. River City Christian School is a unique, Christ-centered, safe environment for children with learning differences and/or social difficulties. The school's specially trained teachers and multidisciplinary curriculum enables our children to learn and grow spiritually, academically and emotionally. The faculty, staff and students of RCCS are committed to making a difference in the special need's community by reaching them with the healing power of Jesus Christ our Lord. River City Christian School's caring and degreed staff is dedicated to providing your child with an individualized educational program in a nurturing Christian environment. The teaching faculty is committed help students rekindle a desire to learn, develop an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ as their Savior, and to develop Godly character and self-worth. Every teacher has a strong calling to teach children with unique learning and emotional needs.
Source: Verified school update
Great Christ-centered school. Teaches basics and then Christian values. Students have college credit courses or career paths available. Reasonable pricing and great family community.
Endorse River City Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.