Lutheran High School
Tel: (317) 787-5474
The mission of Lutheran High School is to prepare young adults for a Christian life while providing academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. Teaching Truth. Changing Lives.
Lutheran High School places among the top 20% of private schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Sports offered Most sports offered
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental Reading Course|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art, Advanced Compostiion/AP Eng Lit/Comp, Advanced Placement, Biology/AP, Calculus/AP, Chemistry/ACP, Discrete Mathematics, English Language & Composition, History/AP, Honors Physics, Physics/ACP, Spanish AP|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform look: see website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||Membership in association congregations is discounted $900.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deidre Barnett|
|Admissions Associate||Bev McIntosh|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competition Teams, Chamber Choir, Civil Air Patrol, Drama, Forensics, Mens Chorus, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Service Projects, Student Council, Wind Ensemble, Womens Chorus, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
- Learn more about us first hand by attending an LHS Preview Night and shadowing a student during a typical day of classes.
- Belief in Jesus is the reason for this school. He is the unseen but ever-present teacher in our classes, the model for our faculty, and the inspiration for our students.
- Students are surrounded by a college prepatory atmosphere and provided a selection of honor and AP, and ACP courses taught by highly qualified Christian educators having years of experience.
- A majority of the student body is involved in LHS activities and 100% of the students are involved in service work. Nearly 100% of our gradates continue their education while others serve our country and community.
- Lutheran High School faculty and staff collaborate with parents to provide students with a top notch education that prepares them for colleges and life beyond our doors.
- You can learn how to excel in high school, in college, and throughout your life.RankedIn a recent study, the U.S. Department of Education ranked the Lutheran system highest, academically, among all other schools, including public, Catholic, charter, or other private schools. Lutheran school students test 23% higher than the national average on standard achievement tests. (Brekke, M., YRC).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 713 students
5885 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
(317) 251-1451 12.5 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 800 students
2801 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46268
(317) 524-7050 17.3 9-12
- Indianapolis Grades: PK-12 | 210 students
3639 S Keystone Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46227
(317) 789-8710 3.5 PK-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 7-12 | 639 students
3360 W 30th St
Indianapolis, IN 46222
(317) 924-4333 11.7 7-12
- Indianapolis Grades: 9-12 | 1074 students
5225 E 56th St
Indianapolis, IN 46226
(317) 542-1481 11.6 9-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.