Lutheran High School
- The mission of Lutheran High School is to prepare young adults for a Christian life while providing academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. Teaching Truth. Changing Lives.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental Reading Course|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art, Advanced Compostiion/AP Eng Lit/Comp, Biology/AP, Calculus/AP, Chemistry/ACP, Discrete Mathematics, English Language & Composition, Advanced Placement, History/AP, Honors Physics, Physics/ACP, Spanish AP|
|Average SAT score||1140|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(uniform look: see website)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,400|
|Tuition Notes||Membership in association congregations is discounted $900.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deidre Barnett|
|Admissions Associate||Bev McIntosh|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Competition Teams, Chamber Choir, Civil Air Patrol, Drama, Forensics, Mens Chorus, Model UN, National Honor Society, Praise Band, Service Projects, Student Council, Wind Ensemble, Womens Chorus, Yearbook Chamber Choir, Drama, Forensics, Mens Chorus, Model UN, Praise Band, Wind Ensemble, Womens Chorus, Yearbook, Academic Competition Teams,
Civil Air Patrol,
National Honor Society,
- Learn more about us first hand by attending an LHS Preview Night and shadowing a student during a typical day of classes.
- Belief in Jesus is the reason for this school. He is the unseen but ever-present teacher in our classes, the model for our faculty, and the inspiration for our students.
- Students are surrounded by a college prepatory atmosphere and provided a selection of honor and AP, and ACP courses taught by highly qualified Christian educators having years of experience.
- A majority of the student body is involved in LHS activities and 100% of the students are involved in service work. Nearly 100% of our gradates continue their education while others serve our country and community.
- Lutheran High School faculty and staff collaborate with parents to provide students with a top notch education that prepares them for colleges and life beyond our doors.
- You can learn how to excel in high school, in college, and throughout your life.RankedIn a recent study, the U.S. Department of Education ranked the Lutheran system highest, academically, among all other schools, including public, Catholic, charter, or other private schools. Lutheran school students test 23% higher than the national average on standard achievement tests. (Brekke, M., YRC).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IndianapolisGrades: 7-12 | 599 students
3360 W 30th St
Indianapolis, IN 46222
NoblesvilleGrades: 9-12 | 494 students
15300 N Gray Rd
Noblesville, IN 46062
IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 190 students
440 Saint Peter St
Indianapolis, IN 46201
IndianapolisGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
7702 Indian Lake Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46236
IndianapolisGrades: 9-12 | 1272 students
5225 E 56th St
Indianapolis, IN 46226
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?