Lyman Ward Military Academy
Lyman Ward Military Academy Photo #3 - Cadet Conde from Mexico holds the Presidents Cup, the award for best company.
Lyman Ward Military Academy Photo #4 - Cadet Carpanelli from California, rappelling at Smith Mountain.
Lyman Ward Military Academy Photo #5 - The Ranger Basketball Team welcomes Cadet McMullen from Georgia, to the court.
Lyman Ward Military Academy Photo #7 - A little brother pins a company letter on to a new cadet, while his family watches. Each boy must earn the privilege of being a cadet.
Lyman Ward Military Academy Photo #8 - Sword Drill performs during the annual Military Ball. Each member must put in over 100 hours of practice for their one and only performance.
- Lyman Ward Military Academy is a small school with a small enrollment and a large campus, located in a beautiful rural section of Alabama.
- Our emphasis is on the individual student. There is a mature adult in each dormitory at all times to help the boys with their individual problems.
- Each cadet feels that he is a part of the organization.
- All staff officers know each cadet personally after a few weeks.
- The school functions smoothly and each cadet takes pride in his uniform and the school he represents.
- Our purpose is to help the individual student; to prepare the student for college work; to prepare the student for the responsibilities of life; and to offer the best in academic instruction coupled with the discipline of a military program.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools|
Alabama Association of Independent Schools (AAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniforms provided by school)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,255|
|Tuition Notes||Discounts are available for military families, first responders and more.|
|Admissions Director||Wynn Fletcher|
|Admissions Associate||Jenifer Isbell|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Drill Team, Equestrian, Football, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Weightlifting, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Drill Team,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Drone Program, Robotics Team
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mount Shasta Grades: K-12
118 Siskiyou Ave
Mount Shasta, CA 96067
(530)926-6263 2087.8 K-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205)879-3278 81.1 PK-6
- Fairhope Grades: K-12 | 400 students
23050 US Highway 98
Fairhope, AL 36532
(251)929-0011 210.7 K-12
- Green Pond Grades: 8-11 | 14 students
77 Enterprise Loop Rd
Green Pond, AL 35074
(205)938-9274 90.2 8-11
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.