5.00 (2 reviews)
- 8:1 Student to Teacher Ratio Lynnhaven Academy is an independent day school located in Richmond, Virginia for students in grades 6-12.
- Our goal is to help them Discover their strengths and unlock their potential.
- We accomplish this by having a family like atmosphere, small academic classes with no more than 10 students, easy access to wonderful parks and museums, flexible and skills based college preparatory curriculum, and instructional support for students to accelerate or pace their academic studies.
- Our students excel in a hands on learning environment.
- This approach drives authentic understanding and application of knowledge.
- Students at Lynnhaven foster independence and curiosity. Our academic program is student centered and goal oriented.
- No matter your student's learning style, our talented faculty will guide them through their academic path.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||35|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Casey Hitchcock|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Archery, TennisArchery, Tennis,|
- Lynnhaven is the perfect place for students who will flourish in a small, hands on learning environment. We offer a creative and independent learning community. Many of our graduates attend the first college of their choice. Our students feel connected with their teachers and can relate to their peers on an emotional and social level. Lynnhaven students are understood and supported. We are like family. Students thrive when they experience the Lynnhaven Way!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 6-12 | 28 students
8000 Brook Rd
Richmond, VA 23227 8 6-12
- Richmond Grades: PK-8 | 180 students
3418 Noble Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
(804)329-7524 4.9 PK-8
- Richmond Grades: 1-12 | 71 students
3900 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23230
(804)239-1080 3.7 1-12
- Richmond Grades: 1-12
3001 Fifth Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
(804)228-2600 5.3 1-12
- Henrico Grades: NS-8 | 452 students
9501 Gayton Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)740-1048 7.9 NS-8
Lynnhaven's unique environment delivers a challenging college-prep curriculum infused with art, hands-on projects, collaboration, and experiential learning. Small classes are taught creatively without the pressures of high stakes testing getting in the way. Your child's social-emotional growth isn't left out of the equation at here. Lynnhaven is school the way it should be. Finding Lynnhaven changed our lives for the better.
- Posted by Parent - Holly
What a wonderful place. Can't say enough good things about Lynnhaven. They offer the rigor my son needs as well as the compassion and understanding to help him recover his confidence. They provide an experience unlike any other school with real hands-on learning and exposure to all Richmond has to offer.
- Posted by Parent - Sydney
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.