- 8:1 Student to Teacher Ratio Lynnhaven Academy is an independent day school located in Richmond, Virginia for students in grades 7-12.
- Our goal is to help them Discover their strengths and unlock their potential.
- We accomplish this by having a family like atmosphere, small academic classes with no more than 10 students, easy access to wonderful parks and museums, flexible and skills based college preparatory curriculum, and instructional support for students to accelerate or pace their academic studies.
- Our students excel in a hands on learning environment.
- This approach drives authentic understanding and application of knowledge.
- Students at Lynnhaven foster independence and curiosity. Our academic program is student centered and goal oriented.
- No matter your student's learning style, our talented faculty will guide them through their academic path.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History, AP World History,|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||35|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Casey Hitchcock|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Archery, TennisArchery, Tennis,|
- Lynnhaven is the perfect place for students who will flourish in a small, hands on learning environment. We offer a creative and independent learning community. Many of our graduates attend the first college of their choice. Our students feel connected with their teachers and can relate to their peers on an emotional and social level. Lynnhaven students are understood and supported. We are like family. Students thrive when they experience the Lynnhaven Way!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 6-12 | 28 students
8000 Brook Rd
Richmond, VA 23227 8 6-12
- Richmond Grades: 1-12 | 71 students
3900 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23230
(804)239-1080 3.7 1-12
- Richmond Grades: 1-12
3001 Fifth Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
(804)228-2600 5.3 1-12
- Henrico Grades: NS-8 | 452 students
9501 Gayton Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
(804)740-1048 7.9 NS-8
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.