Madison Montessori School
Tel: (973) 966-9544
- Our non-profit, private half-day preschool and full-day kindergarten programs for children ages 2 ½ through 6 follow the philosophy and methodology perfected by Maria Montessori in an intimate and nurturing environment.
- Conveniently located in historic Madison, NJ, just steps from the NJ Transit train station and the heart of downtown, we are minutes from major highways including Rt. 287 and Rt. 24 as well as many Morris County corporate and medical centers.
- MMS students come from, Summit, Chatham, Madison, New Providence, Morristown, East Hanover, Florham Park, and many surrounding towns.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Jenco|
- Madison Montessori Schools is comprised of three classrooms, 12 dedicated teachers and three administrators. Our student body is capped at 66, although there are never more than 41 students present during one session. Our authentic Montessori curriculum is supplemented with Music, Creative Movement, Science, Yoga and Cooking. Students in the two-day class receive Music instruction while students in the three-day class work on coordination through Creative Movement. Students in the five day program participate in all of these. Kindergarteners study Drama which culminates in a year-end performance and is a definite confidence booster. All students, along with many parents and professional artists, participate in Genuine Art – as budding artists, collaborators, photographers and helpers.Each year, after very careful consideration, we choose a country to study. We explore the country’s history, geography, culture and language. Our students and our staff share in the discovery of customs and traditions unique to this country. Sometimes we are fortunate to have students, parents or friends from our chosen country who make presentations, share recipes and lend artifacts which bring our study to life. Our country for the 2013-2014 school year is Tanzania.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morristown Grades: PK-8 | 446 students
63 Macculloch Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 538-0590 4.1 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.