- Mainspring Academy is a day-school setting for students ages5to 22 with a wide range of learning, emotional,physical,neurological and developmental disabilities.
- Mainspring Academy mission is to serve as thepremier,comprehensive learning and support center in Jacksonvilleand it'ssurrounding areas.
- Mainspring has been created with the entire child in mind.
- We look in detail at each area of development to ensure thatweare presenting academic, social skills, vocational andbehavioralcontent in the most effective manner.
- We understand that all children need to grow in anacademicenvironment that promotes life-long learning.
Mainspring Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Genetic Disorders, Emotional Behavioral Disorders , Language impairments, Visual Impairments, traumatic brain injury, learning disorders|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our mission is to serve as the premier, comprehensive learning and supportcenter for students with exceptional and special needs in theJacksonville area. Through teamwork and communication, wewill help our students reach their fullest potential through thelifespan in a safe and nurturing environment. AtMainspring Academy, we believe in-Teamwork: Through teamwork andcollaboration, a student will make significant gains. We recognizeteachers, parents, therapists, family and community members as anintegral part of the student`s successCommunication: Open dialogueamong staff members, parents and administrators is key to astudent`s success in school, home and community settings. PersonalGrowth: Through modeling and curriculum, we teach our studentsself-respect, self-discipline and self-knowledge. We also foster anenvironment that promotes values such as responsibility, diversityand inclusion. Culture: Honesty, integrity and fairness are centralto a productive and nurturing environment. We support staff,students and parents in their efforts to encompass these values anddisplay them in their interactions with each other providing anurturing and safe environment for all.Tenacity: It is our corebelief that with measurable and appropriate goals, regardless ofdifference or disability, all students can succeed! We never giveup on our students!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 105 students
11915 Beach Blvd, Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904) 637-0300 6.3 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 75 students
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904) 389-5106 8.1 K-12