5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (415) 388-0495
Greenwood School Photo #3 - Beginning in 1st Grade, children participate in a yearly class play that grows more sophisticated as the students mature.
Greenwood School Photo #4 - A student plants a native fern in a local park during his Nature and Environmental Studies class. 100% of Greenwood's students volunteer in the community.
Greenwood School Photo #5 - The students raise funds for a biannual cultural exchange with The Spirit of Uganda, an award winning music and dance troupe. The money they raise helps build schools, sends Ugandan students to U.S. colleges, and provides for the basic food, clothing, medical and educational needs of Ugandan children through the nonprofit organization Empower African Children.
- Greenwood School (Preschool-8th Grade) provides a rich, experiential curriculum aligned with the latest neurological research about how children learn.
- Greenwood School shares a deep commitment to every student’s intellectual, emotional, social, physical and spiritual growth.
- Our graduates distinguish themselves in and beyond high school as independent, creative thinkers who act with integrity and make a positive contribution to our world.
- At Greenwood, math, language arts, science and history are enlivened with arts, music, movement and a robust off-campus Nature and Environmental Studies day (once per week).
- Scholarships available. Morning bus service for Southern Marin and San Francisco.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and Mathematic based moderate learning delays, Dyslexia, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,470|
|Tuition Notes||Tiered tuition rate based on grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Betsy Anderson|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross CountryBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fencing, Soccer, Yoga
- Preschool - 8th Grade independent school For more information or to schedule a tour please call 415-388-0495 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Rafael Grades: K-8 | 54 students
1 Saint Vincent Drive
San Rafael, CA 94903
(415) 491-4700 8.7 K-8
- Mill Valley Grades: K-8 | 99 students
70 Lomita Dr
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415) 381-8183 1.3 K-8
Our daughter and son have been at Greenwood for 3 years and are currently in 4th and 6th grades. We moved from NY and chose Mill Valley in large part because of Greenwood. It's a Waldorf inspired school started 20 years ago in a home on Mt. Tam that draws from the wisdom of Waldorf education and adds NEST (nature and environmental stewardship) and a program on social emotional awareness. Our kids have thrived at Greenwood, the academics are very strong and inspire creative thinking - we think that is crucial to their future - and they really love going to school. Their teachers are really dedicated, talented and passionate. A new school head, Archie Douglas, joined in June 2014 following a national search and he brings 29 years of experience and a great heart to the school (recently he ran the #1 public charter school in California and is a graduate of Yale and Harvard). Graduates of Greenwood are sought after by Bay Area High Schools (for example last year 75% of the class got into Marin Academy) and are an impressive group and good kids.
- Posted by Parent - ecoll
Our son, the 8th grader is in this school for 9 years. Greenwood prepared him very well for the next level of his life, high school. The community is wonderful. Since we don't have any relatives around here, school community became our family. Greenwood helped him as a well balanced young adult, emotionally and academically.
- Posted by Parent - nnoji
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.