The Depaul School Of Ne Florida
Tel: (904) 223-3391
DePaul is a full-time school for students with dyslexia in grades 2-8 at one campus in the intercoastal area of Jacksonville, Florida. This school uses the Orton-Gillingham approach.
DePaul is accredited through the Associated Independent Schools of Florida (AISF), and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
We serve Duval, Clay, and St. John's Counties, and more.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Council for Private School Accreditation|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based, Auditory Processing/Visual Processing differences.|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(DePaul logo top with Khaki or navy bottom)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,500|
|Tuition Notes||DePaul's $775 additional fee covers the cost of dress down tees, agenda, subject folders, disposable workbooks, yearbook, resource classes, access to educational software at home and school, two field trips, and technology upgrades for each student.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Teri K. Modisette|
|Admissions Associate||Wendie Crook|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, Broadcasting, Cooking, Gardening, Keyboarding, Music, P.E., Sign Language
- We're a grassroots, nonprofit private school for kids with dyslexia.
- DePaul is accredited through the Associated Independent Schools of Florida (AISF), and the National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA).
- One in five people has dyslexia. In simple terms, dyslexia describes a brain that speaks a different neurological language when it comes to letters, directions, thinking through practical problems. Very few mainstream schools and special education programs deliver lessons in this unique language.
- All DePaul teachers have dyslexia-specific, multisensory, Orton-Gillingham-based training.
- We take regular diagnostics on each student to measure whether our strategies are truly serving them, and create custom plans from the results.
- DePaul brings lessons to life in brilliant color and sound, immersing students in a variety of research-based teaching techniques.
- Almost every DePaul student attends with the help of Florida School Choice financial aid. Schedule a tour now, or call us at 904.223.3391.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 171 students
9920 Regency Square Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
(904) 726-5000 6.7 6-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 3-11 | 23 students
1051 Arlington Rd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904) 724-8223 9.2 3-11
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-12
223 Mill Creek Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904) 724-8323 7.4 1-12
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.