The Jericho School For Children With Autism
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Jericho School is a private non-profit school in Jacksonville, Florida for children with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- The Jericho School provides comprehensive individualized instruction that is based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis and B.F. Skinner's analysis of Verbal Behavior.
- The Jericho School provides a science-based curriculum. Although we specialize in the acquisition of language and communication skills we also provide instruction for a great deal of academic, pre-academic, independent functioning and socialization skill areas.
- The Jericho School has a continuum of services that are offered in efforts to tailor our programs for each individual student and to be able to serve more children and families.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges depending on the classroom ratio and services required.|
|Admissions Director||Angelo Martinez|
- The Jericho School is the longest serving school for children with autism in the state of Florida that utilizes Applied Behavior Analysis and Verbal Behavior. Our supervisory staff combined has over 35 years of experience in Applied Behavior Analysis and Education. The Jericho School has a 5 out of 5 star rating according to greatschools.org. As a non-profit organization The Jericho School is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services and is always committed to Progress over Profits.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-12 | 95 students
223 Mill Creek Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)724-8323 2.2 1-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-8 | 86 students
725 Mickler Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)721-2144 0.6 K-8
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 105 students
11915 Beach Blvd, Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904)637-0300 3.8 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 185 students
9920 Regency Square Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
(904)726-5000 2.9 6-12
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-5 | 89 students
3718 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32216
(904)733-5797 5.1 NS-5
Jericho is Fabulous!!! Their SCIENCE BASED PROVEN TO WORK educational programs have been the basis for my low functioning Autistic daughter becoming a productive citizen. She is a joy to be around and is extremely happy. Because of Jericho she is able to participate in all family activities and she continues to make meaningful and measurable progress everyday. Feel free to contact me 904 662 7757 for for information about how fabulous Liz has done or if you want info about maximizing Florida Mckay Scholarship Funding. Jericho Rocks!! Respectfully., Lauralyn Popp RN., BSN.
- Posted by Parent - lpopp
The staff and teachers really care about the students and work hard to make sure the students get the most out of the school day.
- Posted by Parent - chjra
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.