North Florida School Of Special Education
Tel: (904) 724-8323
- The mission of North Florida School of Special Education is to discover and foster each student`s unique abilities revealing their highest potential within an engaged community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Intellectual Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||FINANCIAL AID We understand that the cost of a private education for your student with intellectual and developmental differences is significant. In addition to accepting both the McKay Scholarship Program and Gardiner Scholarship, we offer need-based financial assistance to all students through fundraising, grants and foundation support.Applicants requesting additional need-based financial assistance must fill out all pertinent information and provide supporting documentation. A variety of payments plans are offered through FACTS, along with grant & financial needs assessment. You can learn more about FACTS payment plans and qualification for need-based financial aid by clicking the blue button to the right.North Florida School of Special Education is in compliance with the Department of Education to accept both the McKay Scholarship and Gardiner Scholarship. These two scholarships comprise 70% of the tuition funds for all students.|
|Admissions Director||Deb Rains, Assistant Head of School|
- North Florida School of Special Education (NFSSE) gives students, ages 6-22, with intellectual and developmental differences a place to learn, thrive, and become the best versions of themselves in an innovative academic and therapeutic environment. Young adults, ages 22-40, flourish in NFSSE`s postgraduate programs through vocational training, internships, life skills, and more. NFSSE`s Berry Good Farms is an urban farm that promotes job training and healthy lifestyles through organic farming and culinary arts, and Art with Soul provides budding and experienced artists a place to create and pursue career paths in the visual arts. The campus is anchored by the Delores Barr Weaver Therapeutic Equestrian Center, serving NFSSE students and children and adults with intellectual and developmental differences throughout Northeast Florida. Through these and many more innovative programs, NFSSE sets itself apart as the premier learning environment for students with intellectual and developmental differences in Northeast Florida.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 6-12 | 171 students
9920 Regency Square Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32225
(904) 726-5000 1.1 6-12
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-8 | 229 students
4826 Baymeadows Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
(904) 733-3400 7.3 NS-8
- Jacksonville Grades: K-11 | 101 students
725 Mickler Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904) 721-2144 1.7 K-11
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 75 students
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904) 389-5106 12.7 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.