Morning Star School
- Morning Star School is the only special education facility under the auspices of the Diocese of St. Augustine in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Our school is dedicated to helping children with learning differences become productive, responsible, functioning members of society.
- With the cooperative efforts of parents, teachers, and the community students are afforded the opportunity to grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- Morning Star School does not discriminate based on religious affiliation and embraces the opportunity to provide every child who walks through our doors.
- The mission of Morning Star School as a Catholic Special Education School in the Diocese of St. Augustine is to provide meaningful educational experiences for learning challenged students in an atmosphere which promotes Gospel values while nurturing love and respect, the personal development of every child, creativity, and the joy of learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Morning Star School also viewed these schools: The Jericho School For Children With Autism, North Florida School Of Special Education, The Broach School, Children's Educational Services d.b.a. The Broach School and Crossroads Christian School and The Arc Jacksonville Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jacksonville Grades: 1-12
223 Mill Creek Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32211
(904)724-8323 1.7 1-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 105 students
11915 Beach Blvd, Ste 101
Jacksonville, FL 32246
(904)637-0300 4 K-12
- Jacksonville Grades: NS-12
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904)652-1282 12.7 NS-12
- Jacksonville Grades: 12 | 21 students
1 Unf Drive, Building 57, Room 2800
Jacksonville, FL 32224 6.1 12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.