Marietta Johnson School Of Organic Education
5.00 (1 review)
- Marietta Johnson School Of Org assumes that children will naturally learn exactly what they need to know, if they are taught in an environment without pressure or regimentation.
- Our curriculum offers the standard academic studies along with a balance of self-prompted activity and formal work under teacher direction.
- Naturally, children want and need external discipline, but when the ultimate goal in progressive education is self-discipline, the children learn how to think for themselves.
- With this comes the ability to develop a basic understanding and love of learning what lasts a lifetime.
Marietta Johnson School Of Organic Education places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Second and third child discounts available. Scholarships granted each July.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Pam Jones|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, pottery, yoga and music are offered
I have to say I am so grateful to find this school! After some other bad experiences, this school involves me as a parent, and loves my children. My kids are are learning, playing and loving it!
- Posted by Parent - adaun
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.