Marietta Johnson School Of Organic Education
5.00 (1 review)
- Marietta Johnson School Of Org assumes that children will naturally learn exactly what they need to know, if they are taught in an environment without pressure or regimentation.
- Our curriculum offers the standard academic studies along with a balance of self-prompted activity and formal work under teacher direction.
- Naturally, children want and need external discipline, but when the ultimate goal in progressive education is self-discipline, the children learn how to think for themselves.
- With this comes the ability to develop a basic understanding and love of learning what lasts a lifetime.
Marietta Johnson School Of Organic Education places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Second and third child discounts available. Scholarships granted each July.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Pam Jones|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, pottery, yoga and music are offered
I have to say I am so grateful to find this school! After some other bad experiences, this school involves me as a parent, and loves my children. My kids are are learning, playing and loving it!
- Posted by Parent - adaun
Nearby Homes for Sale
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.