Marietta Johnson School Of Organic Education
5.00 (1 review)
- Marietta Johnson School Of Org assumes that children will naturally learn exactly what they need to know, if they are taught in an environment without pressure or regimentation.
- Our curriculum offers the standard academic studies along with a balance of self-prompted activity and formal work under teacher direction.
- Naturally, children want and need external discipline, but when the ultimate goal in progressive education is self-discipline, the children learn how to think for themselves.
- With this comes the ability to develop a basic understanding and love of learning what lasts a lifetime.
Marietta Johnson School Of Organic Education places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||23 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Second and third child discounts available. Scholarships granted each July.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Pam Jones|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Art, pottery, yoga and music are offered
I have to say I am so grateful to find this school! After some other bad experiences, this school involves me as a parent, and loves my children. My kids are are learning, playing and loving it!
- Posted by Parent - adaun
Nearby Homes for Sale
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.