5.00 (1 review)
- Bayside Academy is an independent, co-educational college preparatory school that offers a superior educational opportunity for students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve.
- The mission of the school is to nurture each child in his development as a whole person, one who, as an adult, will contribute with integrity and responsibility to his work, community, and nation.
- To realize the maximum potential of each student, Bayside Academy is devoted to the task of fostering not only mental growth but also physical development, social interaction, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual values.
- Toward this end, Bayside Academy provides caring accomplished instructors, a rigorous academic curriculum, and modern facilities.
- Students work, learn and grow in an atmosphere that blends structure with freedom and academic demands with wholesome activities.
- "Bayside's Mission is to educate and develop the whole student, who, upon graduation, is fully prepared to pursue higher education and who possesses high moral standards, a sense of responsibility, respect for self and others, and pursues excellence.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||758 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||81 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Admissions Director||Alan Foster|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Guild, Boys Service Club, Chess Club, Environmental Club, FCA, French Club, Girls Service Club, Honor Council, Key Club, Literary Arts Magazine, Making It Count, Martial Arts Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Peer Counselors, Scholars Bowl, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Government, Teen Tutors Art Guild, Chess Club, FCA, French Club, Honor Council, Key Club, Newspaper, Scholars Bowl, Spanish Club, Teen Tutors, Boys Service Club,|
Girls Service Club,
Literary Arts Magazine,
Making It Count,
Martial Arts Club,
National Honor Society,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- DaphneGrades: PK-12 | 232 students
6389 Spanish Fort Blv
Daphne, AL 36527
- MobileGrades: PK-8 | 49 students
2000 Dr Mlk Jr, Ave
Mobile, AL 36617
- DaphneGrades: PK-8 | 467 students
PO Drawer 1890
Daphne, AL 36526
- MobileGrades: PK-8 | 40 students
1060 Government Street
Mobile, AL 36604
I received a wonderful education from Bayside Academy.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - acdav
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.