Marin Waldorf is a toddler - 8th grade non-denominational private school.
We provide an experiential, academically rigorous curriculum that also addresses the inner life of the child, their emergent sense of self and their relationship with the world around them.
Waldorf is the fastest growing educational movement worldwide with over 1,100 schools in 80 countries.
Our curriculum is well known for stimulating children's love of learning, channeling their idealism, and deepening their sense of social responsibility. At Marin Waldorf School, we celebrate academic excellence, cultivate artistic expression, and help our students develop life-long practical skills.
- School Type: Waldorf School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 225 students
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- Marin Waldorf School has been helping Bay Area parents raise confident, self-reliant, resilient and morally intelligent children for the past 40 years. Waldorf education goes beyond the development of the intellect, focusing on the development of the whole human being and helping children bring goodness, beauty and truth into the world.
- Early Childhood Program: Marin Waldorf School's early childhood program offers a nurturing environment filled with rhythm and wonder. The nature of our program ensures a strong sense of consistency, order and security - essential to the healthy development of the young child. The atmosphere is homelike and the focus is on play and cultivating imagination. Outdoor playtime is scheduled every day, rain or shine.
- Grades: Grades 1-4 is a time for children to understand the relationship between themselves and the world around them. A time when providing space and encouragement through this developmental stage enables the child to become stable, balanced and self-sufficient. Academic subjects include arithmetic that covers addition & subtraction, multiplication & division, fractions, decimals, geometry and measurement. Language Arts includes grammar, comprehension, composition writing, cursive and poetry. Specialty classes like music, painting, sculpture, movement, foreign language, environmental education and woodworking are interwoven through the curriculum each day.
- In grades 5-8 the approach to academics is creative - but it is also rigorous. Entering into the upper grades with a strong foundation, the child can now successfully enter into the next developmental stage where he can flourish as an individual. This is a time of awareness and self-discovery which will lay the path for a lifelong love of learning. The mathematical and science curriculum consists of pre-algebra, geometry, aerodynamics, botany, meteorology, physics and chemistry. Language arts focuses on research compositions, literature and creative writing. Our full spectrum of humanities includes Ancient Civilizations, Roman History, Renaissance and the Age of Exploration and then the Age of Revolution. Specialty classes offered are foreign language, drama, painting, perspective drawing, sculpture, woodworking, outdoor education and orchestra.
- Join us at our Open House or tour the campus to see why Marin Waldorf parents are so happy their children are here.
- Register at www.marinwaldorf.org/tours
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Marin Waldorf School offer a summer program?
Yes, Marin Waldorf School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Marin Waldorf School offer?
Marin Waldorf School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Archery, Mountain Biking, Paddle Tennis, Soccer and Tennis.
When is the application deadline for Marin Waldorf School?
The application deadline for Marin Waldorf School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Marin Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.