Marin Waldorf School
- Marin Waldorf is a toddler - 8th grade non-denominational private school.
- We provide an experiential, academically rigorous curriculum that also addresses the inner life of the child, their emergent sense of self and their relationship with the world around them.
- Waldorf is the fastest growing educational movement worldwide with over 1,100 schools in 80 countries.
- Our curriculum is well known for stimulating children's love of learning, channeling their idealism, and depending their sense of social responsibility. At Marin Waldorf School, we celebrate academic excellence, cultivate artistic expression, and help our students develop life-long practical skills.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Katie Alomia|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Mountain Biking, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, TennisArchery, Mountain Biking,|
Paddle Tennis, Soccer,
- Marin Waldorf School has been helping Bay Area parents raise confident, self-reliant, resilient and morally intelligent children for the past 40 years. Waldorf education goes beyond the development of the intellect, focusing on the development of the whole human being and helping children bring goodness, beauty and truth into the world.
- Early Childhood Program
- Marin Waldorf School's early childhood program offers a nurturing environment filled with rhythm and wonder. The nature of our program ensures a strong sense of consistency, order and security - essential to the healthy development of the young child. The atmosphere is homelike and the focus is on play and cultivating imagination. Outdoor playtime is scheduled every day, rain or shine. .
- Grades 1-4 is a time for children to understand the relationship between themselves and the world around them. A time when providing space and encouragement through this developmental stage enables the child to become stable, balanced and self-sufficient. Academic subjects include arithmetic that covers addition & subtraction, multiplication & division, fractions, decimals, geometry and measurement. Language Arts includes grammar, comprehension, composition writing, cursive and poetry. Specialty classes like music, painting, sculpture, movement, foreign language, environmental education and woodworking are interwoven through the curriculum each day.
- In grades 5-8 the approach to academics is creative - but it is also rigorous. Entering into the upper grades with a strong foundation, the child can now successfully enter into the next developmental stage where he can flourish as an individual. This is a time of awareness and self-discovery which will lay the path for a lifelong love of learning. The mathematical and science curriculum consists of pre-algebra, geometry, aerodynamics, botany, meteorology, physics and chemistry. Language arts focuses on research compositions, literature and creative writing. Our full spectrum of humanities include Ancient Civilizations, Roman History, Renaissance and the Age of Exploration and then the Age of Revolution. Specialty classes offered are foreign language, drama, painting, perspective drawing, sculpture, woodworking, outdoor education and orchestra.
- Join us at our Open House or tour the campus to see why Marin Waldorf parents are so happy their children are here.
- Register at www.marinwaldorf.org/tours
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Novato Grades: NS-8 | 234 students
1370 S Novato Blvd
Novato, CA 94947
(415)892-5713 4.2 NS-8
- Corte Madera Grades: K-8 | 590 students
5221 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
(415)927-5900 8.2 K-8
- Mill Valley Grades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415)388-8408 9.1 PK-8
- Larkspur Grades: NS-8 | 359 students
20 Magnolia Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
(415)413-9044 7 NS-8
- Mill Valley Grades: K-8 | 201 students
100 Harvard Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415)383-9434 9.7 K-8
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.