Marymount School Of New York
Marymount School Of New York Photo #2 - Just 160 steps from our front door, The Metropolitan Museum of Art is an extension of our campus, where students regularly explore the galleries and classes are held in two dedicated classrooms.
Marymount School Of New York Photo #3 - Dream it, design it, make it: The challenges of trial and error lead to the joy of creation in Marymount's Fab Lab and other innovation spaces.
Marymount School Of New York Photo #4 - Unlock your creativity and imagination: Marymount students find their voice onstage with nearly 50 performances each year!
Marymount School Of New York Photo #5 - Realize your passion and potential: Marymount's Varsity Volleyball team is a two-time NYSAIS champion!
- Marymount School is an independent, Catholic day school that seeks to educate young women who continue to question, risk, and grow-young women who care, serve, and lead-young women prepared to challenge, shape, and change the world.
- From Nursery through Class XII, Marymount is a college preparatory school for girls, committed to the development of the lifelong skills of critical thinking and problem solving.
- A wide range of extracurricular activities complements the STEAM-focused academic program and provides opportunities for creativity, self-expression, leadership, and collaboration. These experiences foster social skills, sportsmanship, a sense of responsibility, independence, and self-confidence.
- The School promotes in each student a respect for her own unique abilities, the development of her voice, and a commitment to responsible living in a changing world.
- Marymount celebrates diversity and draws upon it to foster cultural sensitivity, religious understanding, and a global perspective.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||764 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||160 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,750|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books, computers, fees and varies slightly by grade level.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$31,000|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Booth|
|Admissions Associate||Jillian Pagliocca|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBadminton, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Lower School (N-II) students thrive in a child-centered, supportive environment where hands-on, open-ended activities develop the children`s curiosity and instill a lifelong love of learning. Instruction is carefully sequenced to encourage skill consolidation and cross-curricular connections.
- Lower Middle School (III-V) students` confidence and inquisitiveness flourish in a program designed to foster intellectual and personal growth. Classes in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1:1 iPads and littleBits kits, and a performing arts curriculum enhance the core academic program.
- Upper Middle School (VI-VIII) students develop habits of inquiry and empathy, build core competencies, and contribute their voice to the community. Project-based learning promotes creative collaboration, a healthy sense of self, and strong peer relationships.
- Upper School (IX-XII) students pursue a rigorous college preparatory curriculum emphasizing critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity. Student programs are individualized and offer options for honors-level and AP coursework as well as electives such as: art history, computer science, economics, and engineering.
- At the Fifth Avenue, 82nd, and 97th Street Campuses, students learn in unique and dynamic learning spaces equipped with interactive multimedia displays. From the galleries of the Met to the fields of Central Park, New York City is our extended campus. Marymount has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for its leadership in innovative digital learning. It was the first N-XII school with a digital fabrication lab.
- Marymount is part of an international network of 19 schools founded by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary a borderless community that shares common goals, values, and vision. This network supports regular exchange programs, sports tournaments, study tours, and service trips. While committed to its Catholic heritage, Marymount celebrates diversity in an inclusive community of spiritual, ethical, and globally-minded individuals. Marymount enjoys a low 6:1 student-teacher ratio, a population that is 37% racially diverse, and a generous financial aid budget that supports 23% of its families.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 733 students
22 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
(212)289-5940 0.4 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 705 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)744-8582 0.9 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5200 0.3 K-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 684 students
1 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
(212)722-4745 0.4 PK-12
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.