Marymount School Of New York
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 764 students
- Yearly Tuition: $49,750
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Nov. 30 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Lower School (N-II) students thrive in a child-centered, supportive environment where hands-on, open-ended activities develop the children`s curiosity and instill a lifelong love of learning. Instruction is carefully sequenced to encourage skill consolidation and cross-curricular connections.
- Lower Middle School (III-V) students` confidence and inquisitiveness flourish in a program designed to foster intellectual and personal growth. Classes in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1:1 iPads and littleBits kits, and a performing arts curriculum enhance the core academic program.
- Upper Middle School (VI-VIII) students develop habits of inquiry and empathy, build core competencies, and contribute their voice to the community. Project-based learning promotes creative collaboration, a healthy sense of self, and strong peer relationships.
- Upper School (IX-XII) students pursue a rigorous college preparatory curriculum emphasizing critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity. Student programs are individualized and offer options for honors-level and AP coursework as well as electives such as: art history, computer science, economics, and engineering.
- At the Fifth Avenue, 82nd, and 97th Street Campuses, students learn in unique and dynamic learning spaces equipped with interactive multimedia displays. From the galleries of the Met to the fields of Central Park, New York City is our extended campus. Marymount has been recognized as an Apple Distinguished School for its leadership in innovative digital learning. It was the first N-XII school with a digital fabrication lab.
- Marymount is part of an international network of 19 schools founded by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary a borderless community that shares common goals, values, and vision. This network supports regular exchange programs, sports tournaments, study tours, and service trips. While committed to its Catholic heritage, Marymount celebrates diversity in an inclusive community of spiritual, ethical, and globally-minded individuals. Marymount enjoys a low 6:1 student-teacher ratio, a population that is 37% racially diverse, and a generous financial aid budget that supports 23% of its families.
Endorse Marymount School Of New York. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards