- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 741 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Brearley, an independent school for girls, was founded in 1884 to provide its students with a college-preparatory education equal in rigor to that of boys, and, in the words of our mission statement today, to prepare them for active responsible citizenship in a democratic society. Within a highly articulated 13-year curriculum, and with a 7:1 student-faculty ratio, teaching methods are varied, flexible and pragmatic, taking into account individual patterns of development and ways of learning. Our program is designed to challenge our eager, able students intellectually, and to give each one the opportunity to gain competence, self-reliance and self-knowledge through academic achievement as well as experience in the visual and performing arts, sports, community service and a wide variety of extracurricular activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does The Brearley School offer?
What is The Brearley School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for The Brearley School?
Endorse The Brearley School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards