The Caedmon School
- Recognizing and celebrating the natural curiosity and sense of wonder in every student, The Caedmon School is a Montessori preschool and Montessori-inspired elementary program for children from 2 years old through Fifth grade.
- Located on East 80th Street and as the first Montessori school in Manhattan, a Caedmon student delights in challenge, immersed in a community that values care and empathy. Learn more at caedmonschool.org or call 212.879.2296.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Children may attend for 1 - 6 weeks. Program costs vary due to age and schedule. Please refer to website for details, caedmonschool.org|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 3 / Dec. 10 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $14,670 for 3-day Twos to $43,330 for Elementary School. Please refer to website for details, caedmonschool.org|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Tarpley|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Bonet|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Program, The Caedmon Music School
- The Caedmon School offers many opportunities to visit and to get to know the programs and community prior to submitting an application. Once an application is received, a parent interview, child interview, and report from the sending school are required. Please refer to our admissions calendar for the list of opportunities here.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-6 | 197 students
325 W 85th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 579-5525 1.8 PK-6
- New York Grades: NS-PK | 185 students
1 West 91st Street
New York, NY 10024
(212) 595-2000 1.4 NS-PK
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.