Twin Parks has three locations: Central Park Montessori, Park West Montessori and Riverside Montessori.
Our schools serve children ages 3 months to 5 years and are accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Middle States Commission on Elementary Education (MSCE).
Our Montessori approach and beautifully designed environments are enhanced and brought to real life by our proximity and frequent use of Central Park and East River Park for learning, building motor skills, and for fresh air and fun!
We look forward to meeting you and your family!
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 124 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 31 / rolling
Full and part-time schedules are available; tuition varies accordingly. Please see our website for details. (www.twinparks.org Call for more information regarding our Summer Camp Program. (Summer camp is limited to currently enrolled students and students who have enrolled for the September school year immediately following camp.)
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Enrichment Program, Extended Day Program, Music Class, suzuki violin
Enrichment Program, Extended Day Program, Music Class, suzuki violin
- Twin Parks has three facilities on the Upper West Side: Central Park Montessori, Park West Montessori and Riverside Montessori. Our schools serve children ages 3 months to 6 years and have been accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools (MSACS).
- At Twin Parks schools, infants, toddlers, and young children learn that their independence is valued and that we have faith in their agency. We encourage free movement, choice within careful limits, and ensure they know their voices are heard. As children get older, they begin to learn about time management. We teach them practical life skills useful in the classroom, home, and beyond that allow them to take care of themselves, of others, and of their environment. Supporting this independence gives children a tremendous sense of empowerment and confidence that allow them to feel at ease and to progress happily and quickly through the curriculum.
- The Montessori maxim of "following the child" begins by having teachers trained in the specific developmental stages of children, and the growing familiarity they have with each child they work with through daily observation and interactions. By honoring where children are in their development, we create educational environments that meet their needs and support ongoing progress. Because learning is not always linear, each individual child will need different challenges and supports throughout their time at Twin Parks, and will also have opportunities to study areas of personal interest more deeply.
- Upon stepping into a Montessori classroom, one immediately sees the difference in our environments. We value natural materials and prefer natural lighting. Living things (both plants and animals) are present, as are low shelves that allow children to easily access their work. There are areas for children to work in a group or alone, and on the floor or in a chair. Materials are of high quality, inspiring the children who use them to make their work beautiful.
- In addition to the plants and animals that children help care for, our classrooms often have a museum-like quality to them. Depending on what the children are studying, one could find a variety of interesting specimens. Dissected owl pellets, ancient fossils, and sparkling geodes are just a few of the countless possibilities. Natural studies such as botany and zoology begin at the primary level. Our proximity to Central Park and Riverside Park allow us to bring our students out into nature whenever possible, giving them an opportunity to enjoy it firsthand and bring their learning to life!
- Our students are global citizens who are preparing to be successful 21st century human beings. Care and respect for oneself, others, and the world and all its inhabitants is built into the classroom culture and the Practical Life and Grace and Courtesy curriculum strands. In addition, World geography is taught beginning at a young age and children learn about traditions from a wide range of cultures, and families and community members are invited and encouraged to share their own cultural and family traditions with the community.
- At its core, Montessori is simply is a way of being with and guiding children that allows each child to develop fully into the person he or she was destined to be. Just as you make every effort to ensure your home is loving and safe so your child feels secure and well-adjusted we work diligently to ensure the physical environment, the teachers, and the student community will meet your child`s needs with respect and support at each step in his educational journey.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools?
The acceptance rate of Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 79%.
Does Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools offer a summer program?
Yes, Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
When is the application deadline for Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools?
The application deadline for Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools is Jan. 31 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 31 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
I am so pleased our child attended CP Montessori for 2 years- it is such a nurturing warm environment with an emphasis on education and community. The teachers and staff make the children feel welcome and excited to learn every day. I`m sad we will be leaving the school (for kindergarten)!
Endorse Central Park/Twin Parks Montessori Schools. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Secrets to Becoming a Great School
Discover the essential ingredients that drive academic success and cultivate a thriving school community.
Keep track of application deadlines as well as all the other aspects of choosing a school.
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.