West Side Montessori School
- West Side Montessori School (WSMS) is an early childhood, independent Montessori school enrolling approximately 200 students, ages 2.10 through 6 (pre-K through kindergarten).
- We are a school that awakens children's imaginations to the limitless possibilities in life.
- We are a warm, welcoming community in which children and adults find friendships and support, where adults and children are encouraged to ask questions and broaden their understandings of themselves, others and the world around them.
- We are committed to maintaining our position as a model urban early childhood program.
- We are also committed to being a school that helps prepare future teachers through our on-site weekend Montessori teacher preparation program (our WSMS-TEP) and our vigorous student teaching program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-6 | 198 students
325 W 85th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)579-5525 0.4 NS-6
- New York Grades: NS-5 | 251 students
416 E 80th St
New York, NY 10075
(212)879-2296 1.9 NS-5
- New York Grades: NS-PK | 185 students
1 West 91st Street
New York, NY 10024
(212)595-2000 0.5 NS-PK
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.