- West Side Montessori School (WSMS) is an early childhood, independent Montessori school enrolling approximately 200 students, ages 2.10 through 6 (pre-K through kindergarten).
- We are a school that awakens children's imaginations to the limitless possibilities in life.
- We are a warm, welcoming community in which children and adults find friendships and support, where adults and children are encouraged to ask questions and broaden their understandings of themselves, others and the world around them.
- We are committed to maintaining our position as a model urban early childhood program.
- We are also committed to being a school that helps prepare future teachers through our on-site weekend Montessori teacher preparation program (our WSMS-TEP) and our vigorous student teaching program.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||200 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: NS-6 | 198 students
325 W 85th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 819 students
312 East 95th Street
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: PK-5 | 265 students
416 E 80th St
New York, NY 10075
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 999 students
139 W 91st St
New York, NY 10024
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.