The Goddard School
Tel: (212) 712-2727
The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to five years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.
We are a school, not a day care center.
Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners. The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in 430+ Goddard Schools in 35 states.
The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.
To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com. Learning for fun. Learning for life.
The Goddard School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- INFANT TODDLER PRESCHOOL PRE-K
- Rolling admission-no need to wait until September.
- Programs designed to accommodate your child`s needs and your scheduleWe offer a variety of developmentally appropriate educational programs to allow children from infants to PreK (ages six weeks to six years) to learn and grow, plus adjust and accommodate to a school environment. Choose from two, three, or five days per week (starting at age two). We offer a true full-day program, with flexibility to meet your life style. This means you are welcome to drop-off anytime between 8:00 am and 9:00 am, and pick-up anytime from 3 pm to 6 pm. We are here when you need us to help with your personal schedule. Open 12 months a year
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school and elementary school to The Goddard School is The Geneva School of Manhattan (0.2 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Riverside Montessori School (0.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K | 178 students
202 Riverside Dr
New York, NY 10025
(212) 665-1600 0.1 K
- New York Grades: PK-K | 205 students
309 W 92nd St
New York, NY 10025
(212) 662-8000 0.1 PK-K
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 375 students
148 W 90th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 787-7070 0.2 NS-8
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.