Horace Mann School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (212) 369-4600
- Horace Mann is a co-educational college preparatory day school enrolling students in Nursery through Twelfth Grade.
- Horace Mann seeks to educate and nurture its students and to help them fulfill their potential.
- To attain this goal, the School provides a challenging and rigorous set of academic and extracurricular programs within a caring and supportive environment.
- Students are encouraged to test and learn about themselves, to develop a concern for others and to grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- The School seeks to foster a capacity in each individual for clear and creative thought.
- The School encourages students to understand that learning is a lifelong endeavor that is valuable in itself.
- Horace Mann seeks a diverse student body and fosters a respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Each student is encouraged to strive for self-esteem and confidence and to be respectful of others.
- In addition, students learn that they must be responsible for their actions and for the decisions that they make.
- In its role as a college preparatory school, Horace Mann emphasizes the Liberal Arts and prepares its students for leadership in a variety of fields and endeavors.
- To accomplish this task, the School offers programs and activities that encourage excellence.
- The School also maintains an outstanding faculty that represents both high scholarship and a deep concern for the total development of the individual.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212) 423-5200 0.1 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 655 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 812-8521 1.3 K-12
Do you accept international students?
- Posted by Parent - zhouz
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.