Horace Mann School
5.00 (1 review)
- Horace Mann is a co-educational college preparatory day school enrolling students in Nursery through Twelfth Grade.
- Horace Mann seeks to educate and nurture its students and to help them fulfill their potential.
- To attain this goal, the School provides a challenging and rigorous set of academic and extracurricular programs within a caring and supportive environment.
- Students are encouraged to test and learn about themselves, to develop a concern for others and to grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- The School seeks to foster a capacity in each individual for clear and creative thought.
- The School encourages students to understand that learning is a lifelong endeavor that is valuable in itself.
- Horace Mann seeks a diverse student body and fosters a respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Each student is encouraged to strive for self-esteem and confidence and to be respectful of others.
- In addition, students learn that they must be responsible for their actions and for the decisions that they make.
- In its role as a college preparatory school, Horace Mann emphasizes the Liberal Arts and prepares its students for leadership in a variety of fields and endeavors.
- To accomplish this task, the School offers programs and activities that encourage excellence.
- The School also maintains an outstanding faculty that represents both high scholarship and a deep concern for the total development of the individual.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 587 students
210 E 77th Street
New York, NY 10075
New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 163 students
319 E 74th Street
New York, NY 10021
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
Do you accept international students?
- Posted by Parent - zhouz
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017