5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (215) 884-3238
- Come discover The Meadowbrook School, where opportunities exceed even the youngest child's imagination.
- Our curriculum challenges and stimulates young minds while providing support and encouragement to make sure all of our students succeed and flourish.
- At The Meadowbrook School, nothing our students learn exists in a vacuum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)|
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||119 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$15,500-$24500 with need based financial aid available|
|Admissions Director||Marissa Rohner|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ASL Club, Chess Club, French Club, Spanish Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The early years of your child's life form the core of who they become as a thinker, learner, citizen, and most of all, as a human being.
- As an intentionally elementary community, focusing only on ages three to 6th grade, we respect childhood - and the unique opportunities these pivotal years bring. We're not concentrating on high schools, colleges, or careers just yet. Instead, we encourage our students to experiment, learn, and discover, knowing they will be supported and uplifed every step of the way by people who care. Most of all, we want each child to know the joyful exhuberance of being a kid.
- Where you child goes to school won't determine if they're happy and successful in life. But who they are - and how they manage to overcome challenges, think through problems, and confidently assert themselves - will. And at Meadowbrook, that's what we're all about.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jenkintown Grades: NS-8 | 191 students
606 West Ave
Jenkintown, PA 19046
(215) 887-1312 2 NS-8
- Abington Grades: PK-8 | 224 students
1525 Elkins Ave
Abington, PA 19001
(215) 887-3067 0.5 PK-8
Year after year Meadowbrook continues to nurture and inspire my girls while molding them into confident, bright and caring human beings. How? By providing creative and exceptional educators, programming and curriculum day after day. The Meadowbrook community has become something my family never knew we needed. So far...one of our greatest investments. It's worth a visit!
- Posted by Parent - Trina Golphin
Each person has personal life experiences and goals. I went to a private Jesuit school and did not stop until completing two master programs. I have a passion for learning, and I feel responsible for giving the best opportunities to my daughters. The question is when? Should I invest now or later on their education? I cannot guaranty that my economic situation would be the same or better in the future. I know my daughters cannot get student loans for E-M-H school, but they can get them later for college. I know, it is a difficult decision. Times are changing...In the past, we were to focus on learning and memorizing as much as possible. We did not have access to information and new technology within hours. We were exposed to what was already known. That was the modelNew generations are learning in a different way; innovation, creativity, social skills, multicultural learning, languages, etc. Meadowbrook exposes our children to all of that. I see my five years old growing confident, with interest on different topics, practicing different sports as soccer, softball, basketball, volleyball, capoeira, learning French, Spanish and, the best part of everything is that she is happy and loves to go to school every day. Is this true? I believe in evidence? I am building relations with parents who have older kids or kids who already graduated from Meadowbrook. It is my responsibility to see how their kids are growing. I have been finding wonderful kids, respectful, creative, with passion on what they do. I call it, evidence. I believe in Meadowbrook reason why I am putting on their hands the most precious treasure I have; my daughters. My second daughter will come to Meadowbrook, too. She is only two but already has her uniform. She is ready! Thank you to all the teachers and students for offering your best to my lovely girl. Get ready for a little one. She will come to cover your walls with her smile. Rigo.
- Posted by Parent - Rodrigo
Our children attended the MB School from Pre-K through their graduation in 6th grade. They left this amazing institution so well prepared to move on in such an array of areas. They learned how to achieve success with others through problem solving, collaborating with teachers and students on working with their hands, researching things on their own, asking for help and providing assistance to younger children in ways that helped them grow and appreciate. They worked with the elderly, having "Buddies" at Redeemer Village, philanthropic opportunities in the community, raising awareness and resources for those less fortunate and public speaking, having spoken in front of the entire school at an early age. The depth of the growth that our children realized is immeasurable and has been a huge benefit in many facets of their lives. We always loved the parent participation at school-related functions and have made rewarding bonds with those with whom we met through school. We can't even begin to express our appreciation for the amazing staff, faculty and support teams that inspired and challenged our children and helped position them to be contributing members of our community. MB assisted us in instilling core values, a sense of togetherness and appreciation that we couldn't be more thankful for.
- Posted by Parent - Frank B
As a former graduate and current employee of The Meadowbrook School, I can truly say that this is a very wonderful place for children to learn and become well-rounded individuals. After graduation, students are prepared to succeed in any type of school or learning environment.
- Posted by Administrator - Marissa
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.